So the forum changes?

bigmoe Whitfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like the reorganization in the land forum.  I'm sure I'll find other subforums that make more sense, as well.  My guess is it was just time to make content easier to find now that they have a good idea of how forumites use this part of SL.... in SL.

It may also help those poor souls who have to moderate us keep things peaceful and flowing...  in SL.

I'm not too worried about the changes at this time.  So far, it's positive.

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I like the reorganization in the land forum.  I'm sure I'll find other subforums that make more sense, as well.  My guess is it was just time to make content easier to find now that they have a good idea of how forumites use this part of SL.... in SL.

It may also help those poor souls who have to moderate us keep things peaceful and flowing...  in SL.

I'm not too worried about the changes at this time.  So far, it's positive.

Yep looks really good,  I've run one of the largest car forums on the internet since 2002, I can say this, it takes lots and lots of time and lots of planning, so more than curious why they did it too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Yep looks really good,  I've run one of the largest car forums on the internet since 2002, I can say this, it takes lots and lots of time and lots of planning, so more than curious why they did it too.

Because the forum was a uncontrollable sh**Show were people tend to get in fights even over the most minor things 😂 or old forum users not answering questions instead they just gave "helpful" answers like "you posted this in the wrong section" So everyone using the forums regularly knows that changes are needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Modulated said:

Their sandbox their rules , obviously.

And you answered your own question...

No, Not really answered, I replied to how it works for free speech,  I just am curious on the changes and why and what can we expect.   tis this topic, which I do not want locked, so people should try and keep the trolling and off-topic down on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

No, Not really answered, I replied to how it works for free speech,  I just am curious on the changes and why and what can we expect.   tis this topic, which I do not want locked, so people should try and keep the trolling and off-topic down on it.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Forum_Participation_Guidelines

Specifically, this part...

No Discussions Not Directly Related to Second Life: Please keep all threads relevant and directly related to Second Life and Linden Lab. Anything unrelated to Second Life is subject to moderation. This includes, but is not limited to, politics, social issues, current events, and Non-SL discussion posts (Examples such as tell me a joke, make me laugh, etc). If the thread could exist on a non-Second Life Forum, that is probably a good sign it doesn’t belong here.

Note: Posts made before 7/29/2022 will be left open unless policy violations cause them to be closed.

It seems they want to clean up the General Discussions section more than anything.  Almost every other sub forum is the same.

• Like 5

All pessimistic comments in closed threads aside, I think it's understandable that a refocusing of topics or social flows happen over the seasons. I appreciate the Linden web moles for digging so furiously to provide this space and affording us all such latitude as they have to misbehave socially on occasion. 

Ridding-Your-Golf-Course-of-Moles-588x27

I think it's funny living in this house and it's a little nerve-wracking at first if the walls start moving or the floorplan changes, but when it's a house haunted with love it's not so bad. I think there is still a lot more love here wrapped up in the idea of this place than most others, and am excited to see where things are headed long-term as VR and AR technology improves.

Edited by Brightstar7777
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The people who are mad about the forum changes are all extremely annoying so I'm in favor of them. I have no idea if they'll make things better but they can't really make things much worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, skepwith said:

The people who are mad about the forum changes are all extremely annoying so I'm in favor of them. I have no idea if they'll make things better but they can't really make things much worse.

It will settle down, then people will find something new to complain about. This is not to say "it will all be ok", just that there's always some "top of mind" issue that bugs people. Some are worse than others. 

I think half the "mad" people are afraid they'll be kept from off-topic rants and trolling, while the other half are upset they can't post about causes they weren't really posting about anyway (but somehow are now all Social Justice Warriors).

Want someone to do bad things? Tell them not to do bad things.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, skepwith said:

Finally, someone is actually honest. I don't hang around where I'm not wanted so I'll just go back to being the lonesome stranger I've always been. Thanks.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 4

12 hours ago, skepwith said:

I feel quite the opposite.  Go figure!  🤔

• Like 8

On 7/31/2022 at 12:11 AM, Rowan Amore said:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Forum_Participation_Guidelines

Specifically, this part...

No Discussions Not Directly Related to Second Life: Please keep all threads relevant and directly related to Second Life and Linden Lab. Anything unrelated to Second Life is subject to moderation. This includes, but is not limited to, politics, social issues, current events, and Non-SL discussion posts (Examples such as tell me a joke, make me laugh, etc). If the thread could exist on a non-Second Life Forum, that is probably a good sign it doesn’t belong here.

Note: Posts made before 7/29/2022 will be left open unless policy violations cause them to be closed.

It seems they want to clean up the General Discussions section more than anything.  Almost every other sub forum is the same.

Well, it spoiled my whole weekend.
But I simply can't live with such strict rules for general discussion.
This is not the way to treat adult members and even call these pages a community.
Even in a classroom kids are allowed to go of topic every once in a while.

Do you guys at LL realize that SL and things related to SL fall under entertainment for most of your customers?
We are not your Minions, only good for helping people with overcoming the flaws of your software product here on these pages, at least I'm not.
If that was my only reason to be here, I could easily take a job at any customer service call center and even make a few euro extra with it.

So  only thing left is to fold my cards again here. I'm out.
Most likely forever this time.
I'm even seriously thinking to throw the towel in SL.  Do I want to continue to seek my entertainment with a company with such a different mindset as mine?

Thanks for having me, dear forum members.
It was fun while it lasted.

Edited by Sid Nagy
It is hard to write flawless when sad and angry at the same time.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 13

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Well, it spoiled my whole weekend.
But I simply can't live with such strict rules for general discussion.
This is not the way to treat adult members and even call these pages a community.
Even in a classroom kids are allowed to go of topic every once in a while.

Do you guys at LL realize that SL and things related to SL fall under entertainment for most of your customers?
We are not your Minions, only good for helping people with overcoming the flaws of your software product here on these pages, at least I'm not.
If that was my only reason to be here, I could easily take a job at any customer service call center and even make a few euro extra with it.

So  only thing left is to fold my cards again here. I'm out.
Most likely forever this time.
I'm even seriously thinking to throw the towel in SL.  Do I want to continue to seek my entertainment with a company with such a different mindset as mine?

Thanks for having me, dear forum members.
It was fun while it lasted.

I think many of us agree with you, but we'll put up with alot of abuse before we give up our addiction.

Please check in every now and then, Sid, to see how things are going over here. It's possible they might get better again. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, skepwith said:

I'm so happy to hear that you are in favor of extremely annoying people! I need all the friends I can get. Don't underestimate my ability to make things much worse. I love a challenge.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Okay, I let you in on the secret:
Everyone on these forums except you and your alts are all alts of mine. Even Silent Mistwalker.
So all that time you spend here posting, you are talking to me exclusively.

No! Come back! Or else the whole forum will...

WOOSH 😵

• Like 8

THIS^^

That's not to say some of us don't, on occasion, act like children (myself included) but all in all, the past couple of years have been enjoyable for me here.  The discussions/arguments/debates are what make it real for me.  People speak their mind.  It's refreshing and sometimes infuriating.  It's life.  And since none of us can have a Second Life without a First Life, all those things happening there impact us here.

People are always commenting that if all one talks about inworld is inworld stuff, it gets rather boring.  I'm guessing the same will happen in the forums.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/31/2022 at 6:11 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Non-SL discussion posts (Examples such as tell me a joke, make me laugh, etc). If the thread could exist on a non-Second Life Forum, that is probably a good sign it doesn’t belong here.

aiyo 😑

there go my favourite threads. While I was in the neighbourhood, I used to reply to SL related questions and comments as well, but without the fun aspect... meh. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akane Nacht said:

aiyo 😑

there go my favourite threads. While I was in the neighbourhood, I used to reply to SL related questions and comments as well, but without the fun aspect... meh. 

Maybe the Lindens forgot that we aren't paid to answer other residents help questions?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Maybe the Lindens forgot that we aren't paid to answer other residents help questions?

No one is forcing anyone to answer any questions help questions. I can understand if you don't want to do it anymore.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
1 hour ago, Akane Nacht said:

aiyo 😑

Now that they don't need to moderate us so much they should have plenty of time to answer all those questions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.