Lindens wrecked my build "Fixing" my land issue .... Effing furious atm. Asking for a mainland roll back to fix the disaster.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The situation was this. I started a land group and land deeded. But in my busy schedule I neglected to invite alts and friends into the group as I was still setting it up mostly solo. The group disolved even though land was deeded. My mistake for not knowing this was still a thing when deeded land is involved. 

I filed a ticket for a solution. They were not able to reinstate the group which would been the easiest solution. So the solution was to set the land for sale and resell it to me and I set a new group. Sure no problem .... but I immediately saw an issue. If they set the land to sell one by one it will cause a huge problem with the build that is on it. Solutions were offered. Solutions completely ignored. The solutions were hey link the lands before you set it for sale or a the build will fly back into my inventory. The other solution was I can be there. buy the one larger parcel and move things over and back again after I purchase the other parcel. There were a total of 7 parcels but all side by side. 

They came, they set the parcels to sale for one by one and COMPLETE disaster happened. 100% avoidable weeks of work just (Badword) up the (other bad word). They did not read or cared about the solutions. This could be a leave SL level event for me. Flushed money down the toilet unless they can do a mainland roll back to fix this complete disaster. COMPLETELY avoidable!!! I am SOOOOOOO pissed right now ... and even worse .... disappointed. A certain unamed linden seriously need to go back to SL noob school. NOT HAPPY!!!

UPDATE EDIT: I want to hug Whitney Linden!!!!  I was able to get live chat to escalate the situation to their Supervisor of the huge error. And shortly after the mainland sim got rolled back and restored everything! Whitney used the combine all parcels solution I suggested in the original ticket and it worked Great!!! I have to redo the parcels but that is super easy barely an inconvenient as a certain youtuber says. EVERY business can make mistakes. How they resolve those mistakes is the real measure of every business. THANKS for quickly fixing this disaster. My inner Karen is now at peace again. THANKS!!!

Screenshot 2022-07-29 132337.png

Edited by Sorina Garrigus
update of situation
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Have you put in a ticket so this can be looked at? 

I got it escalated in Chat and BIG thanks to Whitney Linden for stepping in and quickly fixing the entire situation. OMG Whitney is officially my favorite Linden. I was so stressed and angry. I already have more than enough grey hairs!! THANKS!!!! 

Edited by Sorina Garrigus
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

I was going to suggest using Firestorm's "Return to Last Position" function, which may have helped although it's a tricky function.

Now I'll suggest editing your first post to take back things you've said about the people working to fix this problem.

Good Idea. Will put an update edit post. Though I didn't name the one that failed and no need to. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

I was going to suggest using Firestorm's "Return to Last Position" function, which may have helped although it's a tricky function.

Now I'll suggest editing your first post to take back things you've said about the people working to fix this problem.

Even if that worked ... there were a bunch of group objects lumped together it would have been a big mess to untangle. Fortunately the Lindens were able to fix it in the end. 

• Like 1

Glad you got that cleared up. If a group owns land, it shouldn't be deleted for only having one member.

(Groups suffer from a split personality - they're both part of the permission and ownership system, and a social medium. Here, those roles clashed.)

• Like 2

Strange Mainland rollbacks are impossible according to Linden Lab.

2. Were you charged 25 USD for the Rollback? When I ask for a Rollback Linden Lab wants to bill me 25 USD.

Rather bizarre you receive a Mainland Rollback which is "impossible" and a free one on top of it.

@Linden Lab might want to explain why they do free mainland rollbacks for one person but want to charge other customers 25 USD for a Rollback?

Edited by Count Burks
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Count Burks said:

Strange Mainland rollbacks are impossible according to Linden Lab.

2. Were you charged 25 USD for the Rollback? When I ask for a Rollback Linden Lab wants to bill me 25 USD.

Rather bizarre you receive a Mainland Rollback which is "impossible" and a free one on top of it.

@Linden Lab might want to explain why they do free mainland rollbacks for one person but want to charge other customers 25 USD for a Rollback?

They do backup mainland too you know.  So in theory it is possible.

And "if" a Linden ruined someone's land by accident then it would be something they'd not charge for as it's "their " mistake to fix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2022 at 11:00 PM, Sorina Garrigus said:

Lindens wrecked my build "Fixing" my land issue .... Effing furious atm.

but ...but.. but.... as how i read your post

You are the cause, and the way you used your land made the re-instating of the old situation to a mess .... not really LL to blame.

It's a bit like i would create a bushfire, and blame the fire department for letting a house at the other side of the forrest burn down... that's not how it works.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, belindacarson said:

They do backup mainland too you know.  So in theory it is possible.

And "if" a Linden ruined someone's land by accident then it would be something they'd not charge for as it's "their " mistake to fix

Region Rollback Guidelines : Linden Lab (freshdesk.com)

It clearly states No Rollbacks On Mainland Region and 25 USD charge per Rollback on Private Regions.

If a similar thing would occur on a Private Sim Linden Lab would demand payment. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Count Burks said:

It clearly states No Rollbacks On Mainland Region and 25 USD charge per Rollback on Private Regions.

If a similar thing would occur on a Private Sim Linden Lab would demand payment. 

This is why I was so stressed out. I been away from SL for years and recently came back and this is what I recall. However in this situation it was an unamed Linden that caused the disaster which was clearly spelled out prior as an issue. So They likely did it because it was their error and they owned it and did corrections. I got it escalated pretty quickly via chat which might been a factor as other changes in the sim I don't think happened. That is probably why they have that policy generally for mainland which makes sense. But they were swift so it was not an issue to anyone else. Pretty sure the sim was mostly empty by other property owners. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Count Burks said:

That's because on a private SIM it would be the estate owner or estate manager who would have messed things up there requiring a rollback which is why they'd charge you.

As I said above, reread it if you don't understand it, "if" a Linden messed something up then it's "their" responsibility to fix which "could" require a rollback which I daresay they could arrange.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belindacarson said:

That's because on a private SIM it would be the estate owner or estate manager who would have messed things up there requiring a rollback which is why they'd charge you.

As I said above, reread it if you don't understand it, "if" a Linden messed something up then it's "their" responsibility to fix which "could" require a rollback which I daresay they could arrange.

Yup and they did. I understand a policy under normal circumstances of not rolling back a sim as it could mess up progress of others on mainland. Also doing roll backs willy nilly opens things up to exploits like duplicating no copy items. Anyone that has been in SL for a fair amount of time understands those potential issues. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.