Beyond the Selfie: The Art of Photography!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a busy bee. @Scylla Rhiadra! I'm almost done, so here are the three I managed to finish this week (OMG).

If anyone's curious about the songs, btw, you can click through for the Flickrseses.

Keeping it simple first off with The Wind - fair warning: it's all downhill from this bright and sunny shot (pun intended). The songs (and photos) get progressively darker.

Listen to the wind blow

I also finished My Beautiful Leah. Strangely, this set took the longest. Adjusting and readjusting galore.

She only had nightmares

My beautiful Leah

And lastly, Catherine. I enlisted the help of my main-turned-alt for this one, and was quickly reminded why I HATE group shots. Can only precision pose one of them, constantly got confused about which viewer I was looking at, kept accidentally moving the wrong model and messing up my shots, kept sitting on the wrong pose balls, got bit by the no mod perms trying to swap poses and light attachments between them, LOL. This is why I almost never dust her off despite how cute she is.

Catherine De Barra, you've murdered my thinkin'

The wind bites more bitter with each light of mornin'

I damn to hell every second you breathe

With time, I'd have won you

Just two more to go - Electric Light and The Garden (okay maybe three - it'd feel weird not to include the title track, too, after all this work), which I'll get around to at...some point. I need a break. *faints*

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've been a busy bee. @Scylla Rhiadra! I'm almost done, so here are the three I managed to finish this week (OMG).

If anyone's curious about the songs, btw, you can click through for the Flickrseses.

Keeping it simple first off with The Wind - fair warning: it's all downhill from this bright and sunny shot (pun intended). The songs (and photos) get progressively darker.

Listen to the wind blow

I also finished My Beautiful Leah. Strangely, this set took the longest. Adjusting and readjusting galore.

She only had nightmares

My beautiful Leah

And lastly, Catherine. I enlisted the help of my main-turned-alt for this one, and was quickly reminded why I HATE group shots. Can only precision pose one of them, constantly got confused about which viewer I was looking at, kept accidentally moving the wrong model and messing up my shots, kept sitting on the wrong pose balls, got bit by the no mod perms trying to swap poses and light attachments between them, LOL. This is why I almost never dust her off despite how cute she is.

Just two more to go - Electric Light and The Garden (okay maybe three - it'd feel weird not to include the title track, too, after all this work), which I'll get around to at...some point. I need a break. *faints*

Beautiful, all!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 4:19 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Listen to the wind blow

She only had nightmares

My beautiful Leah

God, I'm so bad at keeping up.

These are GREAT!!!

Especially the first two Catherine shots!!! However difficult they might have been to shoot! Wow.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

God, I'm so bad at keeping up.

These are GREAT!!!

Especially the first two Catherine shots!!! However difficult they might have been to shoot! Wow.

Girl, what month even is it?! 🤣 Teasing, teasing!

Thank you so much! I burned out so hard after doing those. I still haven't gotten around to finishing the album, LOL.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...