I am using the Second Life Beta vers, please kindly advise how to hide my online status from friend?

Mira Poleni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello Mira. You can't hide 100% your online status. When someone logs in with Phoenix always knows if you are online or no. However there is an option in Viewer 2 and you can try it. Open your friend's profile, click the down arrow in actions, permissions, unselect "see my online status" and save. Relog after.

You really can't. The options that others have mentioned will make your online status less obvious to casual searches, but it is extremely easy to find out whether you are in world or not. There are dozens of scripted objects available in world and on Marketplace that do it.  It's the basis for all sorts of in-world mailboxes.  Every time you walk into a shop and see a sign that says, "I am not in world at the moment.  Please click here to leave a message," you are seeing that technology at work. Nobody can find where you are, but anyone can tell whether you're in SL.

The most easy way to find out if you are online or not is by sending you and IM. If your friends don't get a "User not online" response, they will know you are online. So, as somebody already mentioned, the only way to really become invisible to your friends is by creating an alternative account and don't tell them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.