Why can't I get My groups to show up?

vicky Bridger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My groups show up in My profile, but when I go to My contacts and want to activate one none of them are showing up in My groups list.. I have tried reloggin countless times I've have cleared cache etc.. and i have problems with my contacts list and my radar when i have crashed  can anyone help me reslove this?

6 answers to this question

It's not clear to me what you mean when you say they "don't show up."  Try relogging, though. If a simple relog doesn't help, try clearing your cache manually.  With Second Life closed, go to the appropriate pathway and delete all the files inside the "cache" folder.  You may want to move your saved chat logs before deleting everything else, though.

• Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SecondLife\cache
  • Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\cache
  • Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\Cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SecondLife\ (Viewer version 1.23.5 (136262))
  • Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/SecondLife
  • Linux - ~/.secondlife/cache

Log in to a vacant sim like Smith or Pooley, open inventory, and wait until it is fully rebuilt before you do anything else.  That should solve your proble.  If not, you may need to uninstall and totally reinstall SL.

I understand just fine what it is you mean by " don't show up" .. not so sure why others can't understand.  I have the same problem and I'll type it out so the ones not "catching on" can understand .. if I go to "MY" window/panel for "my"  groups .. to activate the group .. start a chat with the group .. etc etc  ..  """  I  CAN'T  """  ...because the panel area is  "BLANK"  i e .. none of the groups I am in "show up"  .. not only have I relogged a million times .. but I have unistalled and re installed numerous times as well .......

This thread has been dead for over a year, so the OP has probably long since solved her problem. If you are having a similar one, it would be a good idea to start your own question instead of burying it here where nobody else will see it. Frankly, I'm still not sure which window you are calling "MY" window.. Take a look at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_empty_friends_list , however. That might explain why I gave my response to the OP .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.