Upcoming Events (SL Homepage)

saige Dismantled

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use the upcoming events listing on the homepage often, usually to find dancing. The Upcoming Events only shows listings that are starting in the future (on the hour and half hours). The problem with that is an event that started 1 minute ago is no longer listed. So say I wanted to dance right now and it happens to be 8:01. I go to the homepage to look for somewhere to go. All the events that started at 8:00 have dropped off the list and sometimes there are many of them. I wouldn't know that these events are going on. It seems like this kind of limits the effectiveness of this listing. If I was a person listing my events I would feel a little cheated. I'm pretty sure there is a fee to list things.

It would be nice if they showed events which have started within the last hour or half hour. A simple dropdown for this would be perfect. There's even room for one right next to the categories dropdown. I entered a ticket suggesting this about 6 months ago and nothing ever came of it.

• Like 1

I agree.  The events list should be more like an electronic program guide for TV broadcasts than a list of departing transportation vessels, since the "programs" can be joined in progress.  The EPGs generally have a clear indication of what is in progress and what has not yet begun.

Events is just a going forward list of daily events in chronological order.  It is NOT a search engine and hence has no search or filter options.

Use the SL web search page to find your events for the day and filter by time, subject, maturity etc.  Past times are available if you set them in the filter options.

https://search.secondlife.com/

(responding to the double post also)

Edited by Jaylinbridges

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.