Avatar texture stayed fuzzy when adding new multiple layers.

Greene Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Viewer: 2.7.1

It's really annoying! When I'm getting dressed or creating new looks I like to add multiple tattoo layers or multiple other layers. But with viewer 2 these layers refuse to stay clear. They go clear for like two seconds then go blurry again and never load.

Rebaking doesn't help. Editing appearance doesn't help. Removing then readding layers doesn't help. Clearing cache manually doesn't help. My drivers are up to date. Secondlife is up to date. What is going on?! Please help!

Edit: I'm using cable.

Edit 2: I was having this problem with the previous viewer too. Also it never does become clear. I know it's normal for it to go blurry but it never clears up again. It only seems to do this with tattoos.

4 answers to this question

Angel's suggestion is probably the one you want to try.  There are apparently some bugs in the 2.7.1 viewer, so just download and re-install the previous version.  You should know, however, that it is normal for textures to go through a few blurry steps before thay are fully loaded.  LL sends texture files to be rendered by your graphic card in four successive stages rather than asking it to render the hi-rez image all at once. That approach saves a lot of bandwidth and memory. The first couple of stages are sharp enough to let you see what's going on, and are enough for textures that you will only see fleetingly. It can take several hours before your card receives and renders the highest-quality version of a texture, however. Each time there's a transition between stages, you'll see the texture get a little blurry for a second or two. If it takes much longer, it's either because you have a connection problem or (possibly in this case) because the viewer has a bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.