The Flickr Safety Police and non Pro Accounts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thought Id post this heads up My non paid Flickr account  got taken offline until I correct "moderate" content. Now, I had deleted anything I had marked Moderate, and even something I thugh would be Safe but non nude and not even a nip slip. But as I thought, it seems Flickrs goal is to push people into paid accounts. Even now bathing suit shots that show the bum are now considered Moderate, Even the slightest hint of a nip is moderate. So while it may take a while for Flickr to get to all the accounts, just a heads up. If you are not a Pro account - better keep it Virgin Mary content!

Here a couple examples the review team sent me that are not Safe content any more

Champaign taste on a diet Coke budget...Shhhh... Sneaking out of the Asylum

It's sort of in the rules, though.  Always has been.

Moderate - Partial nudity, like bare breasts and bottoms. This would include areolas, nipples, thongs, nipple covers/pasties, or see through topless nudity.

Edited by Rowan Amore

53 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's sort of in the rules, though.  Always has been.

Moderate - Partial nudity, like bare breasts and bottoms. This would include areolas, nipples, thongs, nipple covers/pasties, or see through topless nudity.

True, but with the push to get people into Pro accounts, about 90% of the bathing suites in SL  will be enforced as Moderate lol

It's possible that someone flagged your profile. In the past I had people report my work on purpose, even thou I strictly followed the policies even before they enforced the changes, my profile still got flagged.

I'm surprised you got hit because of showing skin while in the same time I continue to see non Pro accounts that are full with adult content.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aiyumei said:

It's possible that someone flagged your profile. In the past I had people report my work on purpose, even thou I strictly followed the policies even before they enforced the changes, my profile still got flagged.

I'm surprised you got hit because of showing skin while in the same time I continue to see non Pro accounts that are full with adult content.

The Flickr bot does get it wrong sometimes, too.  I had a pic flagged as restricted that was actually general.  The pants were somewhat flesh toned so I suppose it saw naked?  If it sees a mostly naked butt, it will surely flag that.

Flickr Bot says this is Restricted..Huh?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The Flickr bot does get it wrong sometimes, too.  I had a pic flagged as restricted that was actually general.  The pants were somewhat flesh toned so I suppose it saw naked?  If it sees a mostly naked butt, it will surely flag that.

Flickr Bot says this is Restricted..Huh?

For a moment I also though you posted a bottomless photo. That one can definitely be misleading! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.