Can you search your parcel objects by group set?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have mainland and I am about to move my land to being group owned for the group own land discount and possible other contributors helping out later on. I THINK I got everything set to the land management group. I repeat THINK. I just fear I missed a bunch of things when I set it to group owned and I get my lost and found filled with objects. Is there a way say a script or something to check to a parcel what groups are set to a given group? In the land tools you can search for deeded objects or parcel owned objects but not really objects set to a given group. Just trying to avoid a mess when I switch. 

I don't have a direct answer to your specific question, but when you do change your land to being group owned, be sure to turn off "auto return other residents' objects" initially.  That will keep items from auto-returned.   Then, look to see what the count is for parcel land impact for objects owned by others.  If that count is 0, then you've got all the objects set correctly to the land group - otherwise, you still have some objects that you'll need to track down and change to the land group.  Once you have everything set to the land group, then you can set the auto return setting back to the setting you prefer. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I don't have a direct answer to your specific question, but when you do change your land to being group owned, be sure to turn off "auto return other residents' objects" initially.  That will keep items from auto-returned.   Then, look to see what the count is for parcel land impact for objects owned by others.  If that count is 0, then you've got all the objects set correctly to the land group - otherwise, you still have some objects that you'll need to track down and change to the land group.  Once you have everything set to the land group, then you can set the auto return setting back to the setting you prefer. 

Good advice will do that. But currently there would be no others. just me. So I was hoping to find a way to search for my own objects based on what group they were set to. I won't be deeding things to the group. 

What I do when I want to make changes to everything on a parcel is use area search in Firestorm. I check the option to limit the search to the parcel, let it pull up everything, select the entire list shown, right click (I believe, I'm not logged on at the moment) to get "edit", and then I can edit everything at the same time via the edit box. I have done this to set items to group on several occasions.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sorina Garrigus said:

Good advice will do that. But currently there would be no others. just me. So I was hoping to find a way to search for my own objects based on what group they were set to. I won't be deeding things to the group. 

Not sure this fully absorbs@MoiraKathleen's suggestion. Some detail in that Land / Objects dialog:
image.png.f0b5f3ad0e0ec7c2e24587d4c149833f.png
That "Owned by others" line doesn't mean what one might think. Ignoring anything momentarily selected or sat upon, "Owned by others" is really everything not counted in the other lines. So on group-owned land, only group-deeded objects will be "Owned by parcel owner" and everything else will be either "Set to group" or "Owned by others". That includes all the stuff owned by the individual who used to own the parcel. Before turning on auto-return, anything "Owned by others" will need attention because it's not "Set to group". The "Show" button will highlight those objects. That doesn't mean they'll be easy to find, so @Sylvia Tamalyn's suggestion should save effort.

Pretty sure that auto-return is automatically cleared whenever land transfers ownership. Personally, thought, if there's anything rezzed on a parcel, I always clear auto-return manually, too, before any goup-deeding, sale, etc., but that's just "belt and suspenders".

• Like 2

So in my meticulous trying to make sure all the objects were set to the right group ... 100% ... the firestorm area search did help ... I was very stupid anyway and deeded things parcel by parcel (I had 4 separate parcels) and a ton of stuff came flying back anyway when it went over the limits when I deeded them one by one. In retrospect I should have combined all the land parcels first. :/  oh well of the best laid plans of mice and avatars. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.