My first video

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I got really excited about shadows and I have been experimenting a lot with windlight settings plus I purchased my first land inworld and I learned how to record video inworld, kinda!

So...after much help I think I have finally figured out how to post my video here. I was really excited about it, especially cause I noticed there is a lack of videos featuring recording ones self while dancing :P

This was filmed at an altitude of 2500 meters above my land and it is the music that was actually playing at the time and I have not edited it at all.

The lighting is modified blacklight from Torley.

The song is Dance in the Dark by Lady Gaga

Please give me constructive criticism, I am really excited about this new adventure and I hope to produce stuff that will be pretty cool.

Warning: its just a video of me dancing. Ok, thanks. 

• Like 1

Hello Charolotte! I like your first video! I wanted to give you the first vote at youtube but unfortunately i haven't an account there.:matte-motes-bored: Maybe i need soon to create one! Congrats and we wait to see more videos by you. :matte-motes-tongue: Have fun with them and also with your new land!

• Like 1

"I noticed there is a lack of videos featuring recording ones self while dancing"

The above statement is WAY OFF THE MARK.  I searched youtube and 299 vids this month posted with these search terms "second Life + dancing". If anything it's rampant. I usualy get agro about doing to many dancing vids but it's fun :-). Go to an interesting SIM at 2 am and listen to the stream and dance. Fun and relaxing. 

I was impressed with the dancing. Is that a spacenav? If so you need to adjust the feathering on it from the default. Recording at 720P is twice the fps as 1080P although I was impressed by your lack of lag.  Check oout some Burlesque Shows as they have exellent dance routines and amazing sets. I recommend Guerilla Burlesque at Idle Rogue, Ellie's Burlesque or the Beautiful Freaks. Kind of an Cirque du Soleil style and they know all the dances and do lot of synched dancing as well. 

Great start above the norm actually

cheers 

• Like 1

Thanks Ormand!

No, no space navigator, but I am starting to think I need to look into one, I just have a simple wireless mouse that was way cramping my little arm just trying to hold it still while I was recording to keep the camera from bouncing all over the place. :P

Thanks for the burlesque show locations, I love Christina and the video she did for Moulin Rouge.

You do know I was making a joke about the lack of dancing videos, right? :D

Regardless, thanks for the positive feedback and the tips and hints!

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.