Deploy Plan for the Week of 2022-07-11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server

As we restarted Second Life Server last Friday as part of our deploy of version 573149 we will not be starting Second Life Server this week.

Second Life RCs

We'll be restarting all RCs on 2022-07-13. Some RCs either have or will be upgraded to version 573176, an updated version of the aforementioned release that helps future deploys work better.

• Thanks 3

@Mazidox Linden Did those already on 573176 get restarted? The region my parcel is on, which was already on 573176, didn't get restarted.

[12:20:06] Restart Time Info: Restarted Fri 2022-07-08 12:06:16 PM SLT
Running version 2022-07-07.573176
Uptime: 5 days, 0 hours, 13 minutes

can you change ban lines server side to a security orb with default minimum time when activated 30 or 60 seconds this would be similar to your premium section and premium rulesets

ban lines typically obstruct aircraft and road vehicles when they lag off of the road

end result you have security orb in land options and not ban lines anymore i think it would be a smooth transition if they need something as strong as ban lines there is a ban list that fits 300 you could increase to 1000

this would be server side integration and should be seamless transition

Edited by iceing Braveheart
  • Confused 1

Also, though it is hardly unusual, the Scheduled Maintenance appears to have started 15 minutes early since several avatars that were rezzed happily 30 mins ago are now clouds after a TP.

I assume that some regions were missed out on Wednesday's scheduled restarts, possibly if what LoganPryor said (above) was a general situation.

Sometimes Linden Lab's internal communications seem more like Chinese Whispers than well coordinated functions.

Edited by Aishagain

Yep, my region got restarted yesterday (no change to version). As the scheduled timing was short, I just assumed they did those that were missed (possibly the Bluesteel ones as they were already on 573176).

Feedback

when you create an account currently in second life you are given the option to choose between two genders male or female 

can you add option to change gender and display gender on profile

when you go to your profile   https://my.secondlife.com/ you should have option to change gender and you should have option to make gender visible on profile

can you please rename partner to what it really is for authenticity and meaning?
profiles should display husband or wife tag instead of partner

• Haha 3

1. Your "gender" is determined by the Shape you are using - want to change it, use a Male or Female Shape.
  2. What use does having the Gender displayed on one's profile have?
  3. (Stating Reality) The Partner field is named as exactly what it should be - Partner. People actually exist in SL that use that slot for more than simply a spouse, like it or not.
  4. A Server Rollout Thread is not the place to be making such Feature Requests - go make a JIRA entry.
Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They had a rather "rigorous" Age Verification system years ago. They (wisely) dropped it in favor of standard practice for all Sites and Games containing Adult Content. There is no reason to bring it back. Nor is there a reason to have it displayed on one's Profile.

This has also been discussed to death - troll elsewhere.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.