What is the best options for marketing?

Sorina Garrigus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am slowly rebuilding my game store I closed years ago and trying to find the best ways of marketing. My knowledge of traffic devices is fairly dated I am sure. I am using coin hunt currently. 
My place is more interactive as part of it is a game cafe environment, another is a video arcade and yet another is a card room ... filled with various card games. I am starting to bring in affiliate game vendors (my contacts are a bit rusty atm. 
The coin hunt brought some regulars ... but many are bots or they have no interest in doing a lot of the entertainment options (too busy running collecting bots). I would love to develop a traffic system that had interactive games that are free play that might work similar to current traffic devices. 

• Haha 1

Traffic games bring in people who do nothing except that game. Run them if you find those games fun, but they're not marketing. They're not getting you seen by customers.

Taking part in events is a way to make money and advertise your shop at the same time. Don't sign up for more events than you can handle and research the events. Some bring in more people than others. Some are more open to new shops than others. Make sure you have a store group and make it easy to join (free and have a sign at the events you do). If you do nothing else, this will result in regular customers.

Make sure your stuff is also on the marketplace and make it easy for customers to find that link.

Add your links to your forum signature, rather than just the name of the shop.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Traffic games bring in people who do nothing except that game. Run them if you find those games fun, but they're not marketing. They're not getting you seen by customers.

Taking part in events is a way to make money and advertise your shop at the same time. Don't sign up for more events than you can handle and research the events. Some bring in more people than others. Some are more open to new shops than others. Make sure you have a store group and make it easy to join (free and have a sign at the events you do). If you do nothing else, this will result in regular customers.

Make sure your stuff is also on the marketplace and make it easy for customers to find that link.

Add your links to your forum signature, rather than just the name of the shop.

As someone that also owns a game store in real life ... those traffic "games" are not really games. They just bring people to your store. But yah a lot that is all they do but I do get a few that aren't just doing that. Not sure the percentage but it isn't super high. 

For links in market place ... LL really should only allow those if they are actually showing the item in SL if you ask me. I am not likely to buy something I can't see in world in a lot of cases. I bought some mesh decor that is completely broken visually unless your camera is 3 meters away from it. If click to the see in world link ... I want to see it in world ... not a vending machine with the same jpg I saw in the market place :/ 

56 minutes ago, Sorina Garrigus said:

As someone that also owns a game store in real life ... those traffic "games" are not really games. They just bring people to your store. But yah a lot that is all they do but I do get a few that aren't just doing that. Not sure the percentage but it isn't super high. 

For links in market place ... LL really should only allow those if they are actually showing the item in SL if you ask me. I am not likely to buy something I can't see in world in a lot of cases. I bought some mesh decor that is completely broken visually unless your camera is 3 meters away from it. If click to the see in world link ... I want to see it in world ... not a vending machine with the same jpg I saw in the market place :/ 

You seem to have taken what I said and interpreted it in ways I didn't predict, so I'll have one more try. If you're still confused, you can ask me what I mean about those parts.

I'm not talking about whether traffic games are really games or not. The point is that they are not good marketing, so stop looking for the next one to try. Instead, try other things, such as doing events. There's more that you could do, but that would get you started.

I'm also not talking about slurls in marketplace listings, though I'd assume you have display copies out, so this would be a good idea. What I was talking about was starting a marketplace store and giving people the link to that marketplace store so that they can buy things from your marketplace store. What other merchants do to annoy you is only a concern in the sense that it shows you things to avoid doing.

The signature links would be your marketplace store and the slurl for your main shop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.