Sign in to follow this  
Karma Avedon

viewer 2.7 will not install, but yet SL keeps trying to automatically install it?

With e the release of the new viewer 2.7, everytimeI log in to SL on my older verison, Sl wants to install this new version, which would be great...accept it will not install on my computer. Every time I try, I get the same warning that there is an "error" with the following files and they can not be installed"

secondliveviewer\llplugin\imageformats\qtiff4.dl

secondliveviewer\llplugin\imageformats\qmng4.dll
secondliveviewer\llplugin\imageformats\qjpeg4.dll

these are just few of multiple files that have an error. Is there a fix for this so thatI can install the2.7, or is thera way t o use my older version without LL triyng to force an install of 2.7 on me?

I have the same issue.  I have the automatic installation turned off but after downloading the new version I get an error stating those files cannot be added.  It just won't install at all.

I had this issue, I finally got it fixed after going in and COMPLETELY  removing everything SL from the pc, this includes under >c,users,app data local and roaming reboot and install, should work, but a warning lol there are some MAJOR issues with it....I wish I never updated

Sookie's sollution was the one that worked for me. Went in to the program files and manually deleted the entire SL folder THEN did the install and it did load properly. Lag is very high though.

Same problem with me ..I uninstalled the old program last time, then installed the new. It worked but THIS TIME I have the same problem "error opening for file for writing " And now I cannot login because I have deleted my install!