New store

MorrianaDarkstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am new to this but I think to open inworld poses store. The question is if I got the building and it's big is it ok to rent the free available space to other stores owners and if it's allowed how can I do that? Thank you in advance.

Edited by MorrianaDarkstar

The answer depends on who owns the land.

Case 1: You are your own landlord - Go wild. Subdivide, rent to others, do whatever. You own the land so you set the rules.
Case 2: You rent the land from someone else (not LL) - Either read the covenant or ask your landlord/landlady directly if subletting is allowed. 

Now, assuming you are okay to have others rent part of the building (part of the land, actually) you can purchase a rental system and set it up according to the manual. Some depend on you having subdivided the parcel into multiple smaller parcels, others don;t care about parcels and will just collect the rent and remind your tenants that is is time to pay (and if their rent expires, some can evict them).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 10:53 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

The answer depends on who owns the land.

Case 1: You are your own landlord - Go wild. Subdivide, rent to others, do whatever. You own the land so you set the rules.
Case 2: You rent the land from someone else (not LL) - Either read the covenant or ask your landlord/landlady directly if subletting is allowed. 

Now, assuming you are okay to have others rent part of the building (part of the land, actually) you can purchase a rental system and set it up according to the manual. Some depend on you having subdivided the parcel into multiple smaller parcels, others don;t care about parcels and will just collect the rent and remind your tenants that is is time to pay (and if their rent expires, some can evict them).

For example if I won a parcel from Auction and put Mall on it and use one of the spaces can I rent the other free spaces there

59 minutes ago, MorrianaDarkstar said:

For example if I won a parcel from Auction and put Mall on it and use one of the spaces can I rent the other free spaces there

Yes, you can.  A parcel on mainland is yours with no covenant (rules) unless you make your own for your tenants.  You'd need to create a group with appropriate rights for the land that your tenants can join.  Be careful which roles and rights those are, though.  

• Like 1

Yes, best way is to get a system like CasperLet and set up each store space with a rental meter and then set the attributes of each space (rental fee, prims alllowed, etc). CasperLet is a bit tricky to learn at first, but easy once it's set up. Otherwise, just have a gentleman's agreement with each tenant.

Also as Rowan mentioned, set up a group for the Mall with rights to the tenants so they can rezz items but not mess with your stuff. Call it "My Mall" (or whatever) and set up a role called "Tenants" so they can do their thing within the limits you set. Also, set the land to that same group just so when things get rezzed, they are noted as being in that group.

Honestly, when I had a full 1/4 sim and had set up a shopping district, the hardest part was attracting tenants and then advertising the stores to get customers in. Shut it down three months later to focus just on my own gallery space.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yes, best way is to get a system like CasperLet and set up each store space with a rental meter and then set the attributes of each space (rental fee, prims alllowed, etc). CasperLet is a bit tricky to learn at first, but easy once it's set up. Otherwise, just have a gentleman's agreement with each tenant.

Also as Rowan mentioned, set up a group for the Mall with rights to the tenants so they can rezz items but not mess with your stuff. Call it "My Mall" (or whatever) and set up a role called "Tenants" so they can do their thing within the limits you set. Also, set the land to that same group just so when things get rezzed, they are noted as being in that group.

Honestly, when I had a full 1/4 sim and had set up a shopping district, the hardest part was attracting tenants and then advertising the stores to get customers in. Shut it down three months later to focus just on my own gallery space.

Yeah I probably will do the same will setup gallery instead of mall in my parcel to focus on and  practice my photography skills and will let it to guest artists/photographers to use it

Edited by MorrianaDarkstar
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.