How do I use clothes that I have purchased? They are only bringing up a shopping bag

Releah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchased an outfit from a store but when I pull it up in my inventory to wear it all I get is a shopping bag.  Also how can I remove the ugly white undershirt and boy short panties from my avatar

2 answers to this question

The ugly underwear are part of your skin.  It's a newbie skin, designed to save you the inevitable embarrassment of getting naked in public by accident.  It happens to all of us, but it's a shock at first.  All you need to do is wear a skin that is NOT a newbie modesty skin.  There are a few in the Clothing subfolder on the Library folder in your inventory.  Try one after another until you find one you like, or start shopping in Marketplace or in world for a really good skin.

The outfits you bought are boxed, so you need to unpack them..  Read http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185 for everything you need to know.

Welcome to Second Life!

Releah wrote:

I purchased an outfit from a store but when I pull it up in my inventory to wear it all I get is a shopping bag.  Also how can I remove the ugly white undershirt and boy short panties from my avatar

Hi Releah.  Find the box, or bag with the clothes in you want to wear.  Rez this to the ground by dragging from inventory to the ground. (You must be in a place that will allow you to rez items.) right click on the box or bag, and select open.  Then select copy to inventory.  Also if you want to wear the item at once, select wear items.  As others have said, you will have to change skins to remove the modesty undergarments.  One place that comes to mind is Help People Island.  They have a great store, all free, with some very good skins, shapes, clothes, and other things!  I hope this helps you!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.