Raffle Policy

HPSL21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm hoping for some clarification here. I suspect the answer is it is not allowed, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If a seller on MP sold an item to be used in-world, but with that purchase was an opportunity to win a real life item, would that be in violation of the real-world goods policy?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#listings-for-real-world-goods

"Listings for Real-World Goods or Services. The SL Marketplace is only for digital content and services that are designed and intended for use with the Second Life virtual world technology. We expressly prohibit the listing or sale of any and all goods or services designed or intended to be delivered in the real world, for example, delivered in person or mailed or shipped to a physical address, or digital content designed or intended for use exclusively outside of Second Life."

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HPSL21 said:

I'm hoping for some clarification here. I suspect the answer is it is not allowed, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If a seller on MP sold an item to be used in-world, but with that purchase was an opportunity to win a real life item, would that be in violation of the real-world goods policy?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#listings-for-real-world-goods

"Listings for Real-World Goods or Services. The SL Marketplace is only for digital content and services that are designed and intended for use with the Second Life virtual world technology. We expressly prohibit the listing or sale of any and all goods or services designed or intended to be delivered in the real world, for example, delivered in person or mailed or shipped to a physical address, or digital content designed or intended for use exclusively outside of Second Life."

You might want to contact @Linden Laband ask directly as we'll only be guessing.  A raffle such as that, where someone has to pay/purchase to enter, might also be against their gaming policy.  Best advice, check with the bosses.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

You might want to contact @Linden Lab and ask directly as we'll only be guessing.  A raffle such as that, where someone has to pay/purchase to enter, might also be against their gaming policy.  Best advice, check with the bosses.

could also go against the disclosure policy too as we would have to out ourselves to claim said prize.  aka real life information.

1 minute ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

could also go against the disclosure policy too as we would have to out ourselves to claim said prize.  aka real life information.

Disclosure would only be if I gave out someone else's RL info.  There is nothing in there saying I can't give out my own.  Whether I give it out to receive the prize is entirely up to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Disclosure would only be if I gave out someone else's RL info.  There is nothing in there saying I can't give out my own.  Whether I give it out to receive the prize is entirely up to me.

I'm sure if it's outside the SL sphere of LL,  it would not matter,  doing it within SL,  might still be under the disclouser clause.    wonder if we should ping some one for more an official word on it.   

36 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I'm sure if it's outside the SL sphere of LL,  it would not matter,  doing it within SL,  might still be under the disclouser clause.    wonder if we should ping some one for more an official word on it.   

The Disclosure Section is pretty clear...in it's entirety...

Disclosure

Sharing personal information about other users, either directly or indirectly, without their consent—including, but not limited to, gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual orientation, alternate account names (including account statuses, such as whether it is on hold, suspended, or active), and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their user profile—is not allowed. Except for the purpose of reporting abuse or any violation of policies to Linden Lab, the remote monitoring, posting or sharing of conversations without a participant’s consent are prohibited.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 2:29 PM, HPSL21 said:

I wouldn't even bother LL with this as I can guarantee this would have an issue. Effectively it is a game of chance with the cost being the purchase of an item for entry. In the real world this can be done but as long as  there is a way to enter without buying something ie a sweep stakes. in RL raffles CAN be ok with a charity as opposed to business. But if you take the sweep stakes approach you should consult LL at that point. In the end it likely isn't worth the trouble. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:53 PM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I am sure it would be an issue. If it wasn't then people would use such a loop hole to run pure gambling games ... buy chips outside of SL and cash them out outside of it in some way. It would open up another legal quagmire for LL. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.