Are there shooting/combat games but on land where it is set to not rez?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I seen simple target shooting gallery arcade games that did this where you would rezing of objects was not needed. The game seemed to communicate from the player/weapon to the object if it was hit or not. Pretty much comparable to how operates in "real" video games. Has anyone seen such a system like this for RPG or combat sims or think it might be possible? 

• Like 1

It's totally possible and combat games like this do exist. One example is Cornerstone, which is a free sword-fighting game with directional attacks/dodging.

I can't think of a specific shooting game off the top of my head, but they're absolutely doable, and sometimes used with regular weapon combat.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 6:09 AM, Artorius Constantine said:

Bullets have to be created, or rezzed, which means you need rezzing rights. It's a projectile thing.

You could do something sneaky like wearing 1000 prim bullets that all go transparent and return to be fired again after every use. But you'd be stuck to the 54 meter linked object limit.

thats not true at all, there is raycast which checks for hits, the grim combat system uses this technique and never needs to rez anything, and not incur the lag from constantly rezzing and destroying objects

On 7/1/2023 at 11:41 AM, Joeey Aura said:

thats not true at all

It is 100% a fact that bullets must be rezzed or carried into a no rez zone. But you don't "need" bullets, that's true.

Alternatives such as ray cast work great, I use it for a couple of my rides that have shooting elements, but there are no physical bullets or visual FX when using it.

You could add particles or maybe a simulated laser beam, but for there to be bullets they must be rezzed or pre-exist. Good catch on my incomplete response to a year old thread though. =P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.