Feature idea to help RPG/Shooting/and other experiences

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am getting reacquainted with SL after a number of years absence. The Experiences option is a great new one to help a smooth out a lot of things. But how possible would it be to implement limiting scripts only made by a specific avatar/creator in an area. Basically it would be like no scripts now ... but with an exemption by creator. The idea is that this might make RPG and combat sims could be set to only their scripts they want to run will run and all others won't. So say if you are in a zombie sim only the weapons created by identified content creators would work. Alternatively some sort of keying system to achieve the same effect? It would help a lot limiting exploits which would ruin various experiences otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the advent of experiences, I filed this feature request for an option for land owners to limit script usage on a parcel/region to that of only scripts compiled with experiences allowed on the land.

Opponents of said feature complained that their unaffiliated attachment's scripts would stop working, but that was entirely the point.

This feature will deter worn scripted cheat vectors, but it won't stop TPVs with "cheat" vectors, like radars, area search, mouselook target markers or unscripted AOs.

41 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

At the advent of experiences, I filed this feature request for an option for land owners to limit script usage on a parcel/region to that of only scripts compiled with experiences allowed on the land.

Opponents of said feature complained that their unaffiliated attachment's scripts would stop working, but that was entirely the point.

This feature will deter worn scripted cheat vectors, but it won't stop TPVs with "cheat" vectors, like radars, area search, mouselook target markers or unscripted AOs.

They really could use a clear way to shut off all such features for a true immersive experience without cheating issues. My older thoughts on this was the main SL viewer would be a shell basically and it would hand off to other specialized viewers in a modulare style. One of course being a proper SL type viewer, then something for using SL as proper gaming experience and thirdly accessing completely different infrastructure like using more modern tech but it would be without any SL inventory. 

Not sure why they would be against the limited scripts as a feature ... they would just wouldn't use it. But I think they meant say like a combat sim where third parties might make weapons. But even they you just opt in various creators on white list

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.