Why can't my Info work to get me Age Verified?

Guestimation125

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is more of a Complaint rather than a Question to the Staff of Second Life....

I have tried several times to fill out the Information to get myself Age Verified, but I was never able to get Approved. I keep getting the same Post in red letters saying to take the Survey, but that doesn't work either. I even tried to buy the Premium Package, but it won't even accept my Credit Card. As you may have noticed, this is becoming a very unnecessary problem that may only be affecting my Account. I ask with much sincerity to please fix this problem and please Approve me to be Age Verified. I'm 22 years old, and I have been playing Second Life for almost three months. I have also asked several of my Friends if they have had the same problem, and none of them have even heard of something as problematic as what I am facing.

2 answers to this question

Unfortunately, LL staff will not see your comment here.  This is a resident-staffed forum.  We are all like you, not LL employees. 

Please note that age verification is voluntary. Becoming age-verified permits you to enter land in Second Life in which the landowner has restricted access to verified adults only. Age verification enables landowners to keep minors from entering their land, but many landowners do not place that restriction on their land, even if it is rated Adult.  If you do not wish to search for or visit land that requires age verification, you can experience Second Life without becoming age verified. If your account has payment information on file, you may visit land that has an Adult maturity rating and search for Adult content without becoming age verified.

Hello. I guess you can't verify your age because LL's age verification systems provider is unable to cross-checked against pre-existing databases of public record to verify that you are of legal age.

The problem is that being still a basic member you can't verify your age manually, submitting a ticket and attaching an electronic (scanned) copy of a Government issued identification that has your name and date of birth clearly displayed.

You said also that you have billing issues also. You can't upgrate to Premium member although you want it. Did you try to call them in their toll free numbers?

Toll-Free (US/Canada) 800.294.1067 Long-Distance 703.286.6277 France: 0805.101.490 Germany: 0800.664.5510 Japan: 0066.33.132.830 Portugal: 800.814.450 Spain: 800.300.560 UK: 0800.048.4646 (Support 24/7 in English only)

If none of those numbers are in your Country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

If you live in US other options could be: Phone:   (415) 243-9000 (No Toll-Free) Fax:        (415) 243-9045

Good luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.