BOM Tattoo Placements on Body Issue

LexyEllie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Residents,

So i am currently practicing making tattoos and encounter a slight problem. I made a simple tattoo for back bottom part and i tried it on my legacy, maitreya, kalhene and belleza bodies. noticed that the placement of the tattoo moves a little bit (ei. in legacy it's placed higher while on maitreya it sits right just above the waistline of a shorts/jeans). any help, tips and suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. 

thank you in advance. 

xoxo

This is just how it works, unfortunately. The bodies' meshes are different, and each one of them have been UV mapped as separate objects - even if they're designed to use the 'same' UV map, the topographies are different and slight (and in some cases, not so slight) differences will result; it's why you sometimes get different alpha layers when you buy a piece of clothing, as they might not be cross-compatible - or even accurate for their supposed bodies if your shape is too different from the creators' design and the rigging wasn't very precise. I noticed that sometimes even bodies you'd might think would be compatible as they use the 'same' UV and have roughly the same size (Maitreya & Legacy), the height of an arm tattoo might be off by about an inch or so as the 'dots' on the grid are placed differently within the UV.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2022 at 7:21 AM, LexyEllie said:

any help, tips and suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. 

make yourself a tattoo from the SL UV maps, then wear that tattoo inworld and you will be able to see how the lines stretch and flow on each body

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 1:53 AM, HunniHope said:

make yourself a tattoo from the SL UV maps, then wear that tattoo inworld and you will be able to see how the lines stretch and flow on each body

yes that's what i've been doing thank you. it's good there's an option to view texture without uploading it. it's just hardwork and patience i guess.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.