Meet the Moles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dearly wish we saw the attention to personal detail and variety of avatars in Linden staff as we do in moles.

Accessing parts of the PP offering via support tickets is like the secret menu at your local McBungers.

More Linden home options for existing Linden home owners is a bigger deal than 2048's IMO.

• Like 4

Moles are much closer to residents than Lindens. It seems that the ones that mention it usually say they began as a resident. If there is a "getting it" about existing as an avatar, they seem to get it much more than regular Lindens (Patch being an obvious exception). When we go to the Valley Beyond, the moles will come with us. Here is a photo review of the Meet the Moles session,

abnor mole sl19b.jpg

adora mole sl19b.jpg

alotta mole sl19b.jpg

chronos mole.jpg

dion mole sl19b.jpg

dreaming mole sl19b.jpg

garden mole sl19b.jpg

itsa mole sl19b.jpg

jester mole sl19b.jpg

• Like 10

Jester Mole is the new Linden mesh avatar that will be in the library in a near future. 

About time, it will chane not only new user experience but older user too. The avatar will be mod and I can't wait to have a body with a head 😊

Edited by Tary Allen
Typo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Moles are much closer to residents than Lindens. It seems that the ones that mention it usually say they began as a resident. If there is a "getting it" about existing as an avatar, they seem to get it much more than regular Lindens (Patch being an obvious exception). When we go to the Valley Beyond, the moles will come with us. Here is a photo review of the Meet the Moles session,

abnor mole sl19b.jpg

adora mole sl19b.jpg

alotta mole sl19b.jpg

chronos mole.jpg

dion mole sl19b.jpg

dreaming mole sl19b.jpg

garden mole sl19b.jpg

itsa mole sl19b.jpg

jester mole sl19b.jpg

Love these photos you took of the moles. It's like trading cards, collectors items but only for sl. ☺️

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AstraHunt said:

Love these photos you took of the moles. It's like trading cards, collectors items but only for sl. ☺️

Actually, Linden and Mole trading cards might be a great addition to the bears people collect, except be sure to make them No Copy / No Modify/ Transferable box prims with pictures on the front and profile stats on the back.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Actually, Linden and Mole trading cards might be a great addition to the bears people collect, except be sure to make them No Copy / No Modify/ Transferable box prims with pictures on the front and profile stats on the back.

I'm curious to see what those stats would look like. 😆

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

‘Refresh and Reinvigorate the Mainland’ 

YEAH DERRICK! 😍 

Got a mission for Derrick, then (I sent the question to Patch at the SL19B ”meet the moles”, but it did not get selected):

Zindra needs some love from the Moles: this is the only SL continent where there is not a _single_ Linden rez zone on roads, while there is one at _every_ sim border on roads of all other continents... Plus, most of the roads are bearing parcel flags that prevent automated vehicle systems such as the excellent YavaScript pods to roam them and help people getting acquainted with Zindra's landscape and places. You cannot either sail freely around the South West and North East of the continent by lack of protected waters or missing sims to complete the coast line. Finally, I dream of a channel that would link Zindra to other SL continents by sea; I know, it's far, far away on the grid, but why not sprinkling the channel with archipelagos, like one for a museum of Linden homes, or other such themes with historical interest for SL ?...

And while I'm at it, another reinvigorating mission:

While roaming the various SL continents, I often stumbled upon G-rated sims devoid of any build or privately owned parcel. That's a shame, knowing these still cost money to run from AWS servers. As I infer it, the super-restrictive G-rating is likely the cause of this abandon. What about changing their rating to Moderate to make them more appealing for new settlers ?  Also, why not digging lakes and rivers or growing mountains in those empty sims, to make them even more appealing ?

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Finally, I dream of a channel that would link Zindra to other SL continents by sea

Short of moving Zindra on the grid, the probability of a such a channel seems infinitesimal. Notice that even though Bellisseria is a mere 14 regions from a protected water connection to the Blake and points beyond, even this has not happened. Linden Lab management (TOOSL) is a mystery. We have been told that Moles operate under a budgetary constraint, yet they continue to build regions that have no income value, spend time on builds and activities that residents should be doing, neglect to shut down zombie regions, and fail to pick the low hanging fruit (definition varies).

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

And while I'm at it, another reinvigorating mission:

While roaming the various SL continents, I often stumbled upon G-rated sims devoid of any build or privately owned parcel. That's a shame, knowing these still cost money to run from AWS servers. As I infer it, the super-restrictive G-rating is likely the cause of this abandon. What about changing their rating to Moderate to make them more appealing for new settlers ?  Also, why not digging lakes and rivers or growing mountains in those empty sims, to make them even more appealing ?

I agree 100% with this proposal. If a whole region is empty, there's something wrong there. I don't like having General and Moderate regions all mixed up on the same continent(s) anyway. I wish General would all be on one continent, though it wouldn't hurt if it were accessible by boat & air. Whenever there is a whole empty G-rated region bordering other Moderate regions that do have activity, it seems like it would be pretty easy to change the General region to Moderate. 

I'm not against having General regions as an option for people, but it's hard for minors to drive on Linden roads when the 2 types are mixed together and it's easy for them to see and buy Moderate to Adult content when General regions are right next to Moderate ones. Probably nobody cares about teens in SL the way they did when the teen grid first came down, but it still doesn't make sense to have a bunch of empty G-rated regions.

(Sorry. Somehow we moved into "Reinvigorate the Mainland".)

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

The LDPW Mole name originates from 2nd February 2006, with @Salazar Jack's "Beware of the Mole People!" graffiti wall, located on the side of the Nova Albion City Bridge , two years before the first Mole content appeared in SL. The graffiti still exists today.

706218624_BewareoftheMolePeople!.thumb.jpg.4cde7366445427ebde81c980d0346249.jpg

In 2008, the Linden Department of Public Works (LDPW) was founded and one of their first tasks (if not the first?) was to build Bay City, immediately to the west of Nova Albion.

Bay City first opened to the public on 24th May 2008.  It seems that @Michael Linden (the first Head Mole) saw the Nova Albion bridge graffiti at some point in time and was inspired by it, nicknaming the LDPW staff as Moles, probably because they did a lot of digging, tunnelling and building in nearby Bay City.

586873739_MichaelLinden.png.7abdee106ae67de1c79bb54193416af2.pngMichael Blum Linden Lab SL

^ Michael Linden

After 13 years in SL, Michael Linden left Linden Labs in February of 2017, just after Bay City's annual Mole Day event. His homes in Meauxle Bureaux (off Satori) and Shamon (in the Jeogeot Gulf) both still exist.

377287361_MichaelLindenhomeMeauxleBureaux.jpg.fd3cdfaf3a650d3f4b92dfb28c7531dd.jpg

^ Meauxle Bureaux

1664187323_MichaelLindenShamon.thumb.jpg.0e7a352e16cc992f9f94f6a5fd5cb509.jpg

^ Shamon

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Seeing the reference to Patch Linden, and thinking about it, I gotta say, he's looking a lot like he might become the Yoshi of SL.

I hope they remember to let him sleep sometimes~!

And I would love to be a Mole myself, but how they'd manage to send me cartons of cigarettes, jars of jam, and other acceptable forms of payment is beyond me at the moment. I'd need a mail drop or something.

*continues working on her "will build for cigarettes and jam" sign*

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.