Lelutka Evox questions.

xxxplatinumxxx Belgar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I have some doubts with the new evox line (new for me, at least).

I got the Lelutka Connor head 3.1 and says it is evox. However, I decided to purchase a Lelutka Shape for evox and when I use it, it doesn't look well at all and this is not an issue of the provider, as I've been having issues with the same head when I try to test Stray dog demo skins on it, never, ever matches even if they are the same tone as the stray dog body hud. The head shape is for Connor as well.

In the Hud, when I choose EvoX, the head becomes a mess. Do I need EvoX skins or something? If so, not sure why the head comes with Evo skins instead of Evox if the head is EvoX, but on the Hud, I have to keep it on Evo.

Basically, the head tones only change with the Lelutka base skins that came with the purchase, Straydogs change it on EvoX, but still look bad, and the shape I bought is not fitting well with it either.

Still getting used to the amount of stunts and backflips one has to do with  Mesh avis, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong here again.

Thanks in advance.

If you're head is in EvoX mode, (there is a button to switch between evo and evoX) than you must wear a skin specifically FOR EvoX.

Many skins are made with a specific EvoX head in mind.   If you want your face to look like the skin vendor, start with the shape included with the skin.   Skins for EvoX are ALL BOM..  Try using the newer Stray dog body skins that are BOM and NOT appliers from the HUD.

• Like 1

Yes, the male Lelutka Evo heads comes with EVO skins included, not EVO X.

It is a bit confusing for me, why are they doing that when the included female skins are EVO X?

Is the issue with the shape razor thin nose and eyebrows looking weird? If so, the shape is not updated for new rigging. It was an update for the Lelutka heads in 2020 that is causing just that thin nose issue if a shape is not updated.

Stray Dog's demo skins should work in EVO X mode. But Stray Dog has older skins too. I am not sure what you demo, but look at the information. You have to flip back and forth between EVO and EVO X depending on how the skin is made.

If you hurry up, you can buy a Belleza male skin for 50 L (Fifty L Friday sale). That even includes body skin, so no hidden expenses there. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Belleza/126/74/26

Edit: I just checked, it is still for sale. Remember to add, not wear. It is a head skin and a body skin. If you use "Wear" you take off the first one. If you use "Add" the new layer is added.

Belleza-1.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

Adding a picture of the Belleza skin, shown on Alain head with beard and brows from Stray Dog and included EVO X hairbase that comes with the head. Nice skin, if you are a guy who want a bit of frown and a medium tan skin, this is a super buy. I did not try the body skin with Signature, to see how well it works on other bodies. The body skin is meant to be for Belleza Jake, so sometimes it is a tiny difference in how they work on other bodies.

I am glad I saw this tread so I was reminded to log in my alt and upgrade him!

alain_007.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 6:21 AM, Marianne Little said:

Adding a picture of the Belleza skin, shown on Alain head with beard and brows from Stray Dog and included EVO X hairbase that comes with the head. Nice skin, if you are a guy who want a bit of frown and a medium tan skin, this is a super buy. I did not try the body skin with Signature, to see how well it works on other bodies. The body skin is meant to be for Belleza Jake, so sometimes it is a tiny difference in how they work on other bodies.

I am glad I saw this tread so I was reminded to log in my alt and upgrade him!

alain_007.png

You are a jewel! Although I changed heads and went with Straydog (funnily enough, the other lelutka head comes with evox pieces), this skin will help me a lot as well. I got one more doubt, though. And it is with some eyes problems I've been meeting with the new head. The sockets look too big (As well as very faded neck line which should not happen if I am wearing the two skins from the same place, but I can cover that with a tattoo).

I deleted the head and redelivered as well. But eyes seems to be that way. I am wearing the eyes alpha. But somehow it is like this. I tried modifying the eyes and nothing. Not sure what's wrong there. When he looks up in any pose, or down, one can see the huge eyelids towering over the eyes.

I even changed the shape to the original coming with the head and the problem is still there. It'd be a shame if it's the head (which I doubt, because today was when it started when I played with the lash eye options).

image.thumb.png.b743536662a74d44eb3109b9d8070f1f.png

image.png.521e2e218d14ec28c2f18271ded47227.png

Edited by xxxplatinumxxx Belgar

1 hour ago, xxxplatinumxxx Belgar said:

You are a jewel! Although I changed heads and went with Straydog (funnily enough, the other lelutka head comes with evox pieces), this skin will help me a lot as well. I got one more doubt, though. And it is with some eyes problems I've been meeting with the new head. The sockets look too big (As well as very faded neck line which should not happen if I am wearing the two skins from the same place, but I can cover that with a tattoo).

I deleted the head and redelivered as well. But eyes seems to be that way. I am wearing the eyes alpha. But somehow it is like this. I tried modifying the eyes and nothing. Not sure what's wrong there. When he looks up in any pose, or down, one can see the huge eyelids towering over the eyes.

I even changed the shape to the original coming with the head and the problem is still there. It'd be a shame if it's the head (which I doubt, because today was when it started when I played with the lash eye options).

image.thumb.png.b743536662a74d44eb3109b9d8070f1f.png

image.png.521e2e218d14ec28c2f18271ded47227.png

So you're wearing a Lelutka head here? Are you wearing the eyes that comes with the head? They are a separate object with a box symbol.

If you add the eyes and you see them as red, you need the alpha layer in the head folder, BoM head and body with applier eyes.

Use the alpha layer if you want the eye options that comes with the head, the ones you click on in the HUD eye page. Or if you want other appliers that has a HUD you click to apply the eye texture.

If you buy eyes that are named BoM and that has an eye symbol, you take off the alpha layer, and you click on the Bakes on mesh tab in the HUD. It is very important that you do not take off the Lelutka eyes. You need them all the time. I think this is why your eyes sit so deep.

But that strange thing with the eyelashes? I don't understand that.

EDIT: Try to change the brow shape to one in the Lelutka folder. It should have a brown symbol like a head. It is the old system hair, and it's only used to adjust eyebrows now. This may lift the fold over your eyes.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So you're wearing a Lelutka head here? Are you wearing the eyes that comes with the head? They are a separate object with a box symbol.

If you add the eyes and you see them as red, you need the alpha layer in the head folder, BoM head and body with applier eyes.

Use the alpha layer if you want the eye options that comes with the head, the ones you click on in the HUD eye page. Or if you want other appliers that has a HUD you click to apply the eye texture.

If you buy eyes that are named BoM and that has an eye symbol, you take off the alpha layer, and you click on the Bakes on mesh tab in the HUD. It is very important that you do not take off the Lelutka eyes. You need them all the time. I think this is why your eyes sit so deep.

But that strange thing with the eyelashes? I don't understand that.

EDIT: Try to change the brow shape to one in the Lelutka folder. It should have a brown symbol like a head. It is the old system hair, and it's only used to adjust eyebrows now. This may lift the fold over your eyes.

I crashed and when I logged in, the issue was not there. Not sure what happened, I had the alpha for the head and the eyes, so I was surprised this happened. If it happens again, I'll either ALT + F4 or try with the brow shape to see if it works.

Thank you for all your replies!

• Like 2

If you have the problem arise again, along with what Marianne has suggested about being sure you're wearing the mesh eyes that come with the head, you might also consider the following.

Looking at your images, it appears as though you have the eye puffiness slider set very high. This will make the lower eye lid protrude, so try backing that down to a lower number and see if that helps. As for the lashes, your brow shape plays a big role on how puffy the upper lid is and how it affects the eyelashes. Try setting the brow slider for eyebrow size to thinner and you'll notice that the brow will not only get thinner but will raise up and thereby giving you more eyelid. Also, eyebrow height and arch will not only affect the shape/location of the brow but directly affects the eyelids as well. So play with those to see if you can get the eyelashes to come out of the lid. Also, check that you're using the shortest style of lashes available in the HUD.

• Like 2

Yes, and adding to what Blush said, eye depth should be 50 or close to 50.

Included brow shapes in the head folder is good to start with, since they are placed in a good height over the eyes, so you can adjust the sliders for height a bit up and down, and get them as you like. Shopping for brows in another brand often has brow shapes included. Make sure the brows you buy, are for the head you are wearing.

I add this, because others may search the forum for similar problems.

• Like 1

If you use the classic eyes then you have to make the head fit the eyes. If you use mesh eyes their HUD will allow you to fit the eyes to the head. In the later case it is often position that needs adjustment, which with rigged or unrigged mesh eyes is via the HUD.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.