Can't change shape/clothing and my Avi still won't load...

Kiki Ravenheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kay, I've been have this problem for the passed 5 days. When I login, I give myslef time to load, but not when it takes longer then it should. I do use Phoenix, but I have also tried Viewer 2, that still didn't help. Using Viewer 2 actually made it worse. Besides myself being a cloud, I'm a big egged shape ball of white. I even take all my stuff off, which when I go to take them off Sl says I'm not wearing anything but my shoes.. I even take those off! I tried lots of times to put my clothing back on, but Sl gives me a message saying my clothing and shape are still loading. By this time it's been about an hour.. 

Before I do call Linden, I want to see if anyone has a solution for this problem. 

Hello Kiki. Obviously your inventory can't be loaded. At first try to test your avatar and see if that helps. In Phoenix it is under Menu Advanced, Character, Character Tests and Test Male / Female. If it works you will see your avatar like a newbie but after you can change again outfit wearing your favorite one.

If the problem remains clear your cache: Menu Edit (In Phoenix) --> Preferences --> Network & Folder. Click clear in both Disk Cache Location and Chat Log Files Location --> OK

Alternatively (and better for me) you can log out and clear your cache manually:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Have in your mind that if you clear your cache manually you will lost all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk. It is another one reason, it is suggested to clear your cache manually.

If you have more that 1 viewers installed in your computer, you must to do it for all following the same paths in your hard disk.

For example for Viewer 2 the "path" is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Same for all the viewers you have, even you use them occasionally.

After that (i repeat restart your computer) and log in a protected land without lag like Smith, Lime or Pooley. There open your inventory, type something in search there and wait fetching ALL your your items till the last one. That means you get back, you download your inventory. During the downloading you avoid to do something else like teleporting, moving, chatting etc and also is good not to run other applications. When it finishes, try to change outfit choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.