Is there actually such a thing as interactive movies/games in Sl?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 3:30 PM, Manja Snowflake said:

And if not, you could develop an interactive movie / game.
If people play it in the livestream, that would also be a kind of advertising.
And it might get more people to sign up to experience the other ends of the movie.

I forget where as  it was ages ago when I saw it but I seen a pretty elaborate choose your own adventure kind of game/experience that might be comparable to an interactive movie of a sort. Definitely possible. More elaborate in narrative than typical RPG sims by far. I am trying to dabble in such areas a bit with my highly limited scripting abilities. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sorina Garrigus said:

Ich habe vergessen, wo es vor Ewigkeiten war, als ich es gesehen habe, aber ich habe ein ziemlich aufwändiges Spiel / Erlebnis gesehen, das mit einer Art interaktivem Film vergleichbar ist. Durchaus möglich. Bei weitem aufwändiger in der Erzählung als typische RPG-Simulationen. Ich versuche mich mit meinen stark eingeschränkten Scripting-Fähigkeiten ein wenig in solchen Bereichen zu versuchen. 

Oh that sounds interesting. With the experience I have not really looked at. Once I had a request if I want to participate in one then I think nothing happened and since then I have left it alone.

But I'm glad to hear that someone is already looking in such a direction I think that here in Sl you have completely different possibilities to design something like that.

So long as you can stream a video with those features, it should be possible.  Here is one I found on youtube, I'm not sure if there are more elaborate video sharing sites out there that provide a better interface for such a game though.

The buttons to choose your adventure are missing from this site for me, I checked in SL on a media prim and they still displayed though.

Edited by Istelathis

• 10 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.