Opinion piece: Kudos to Oberwolf and Phillip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm still on a free account and have been for 15 years,  I have put quite a chunk of money into this,  while premium or PP sounds nice (...) it's still well out of my reach,  moving and changing jobs and now struggling to get another job in my field is meh.   but LL did bring somethings to the table now that would make me worth having pp (...)

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think most Basic users contribute to the SL economy by buying things and renting places to call home.

Of course. My example was for a person who does not spend money yet has a very nice time. I am not suggesting eliminating free accounts. 

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, diamond Marchant said:

Of course. My example was for a person who does not spend money yet has a very nice time

That person can still be someone else's reason to log in and stay engaged, motivation or inspiration for their creative pursuits, the difference between a lonely day and fun one.

I've had plenty of close friends over the years who weren't able to afford frivolous shopping or the latest avatar bits and accessories .. yet they did ok, because their friendship was worth chipping in and spoiling them.

It's never a zero sum game.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Anaiya Ahren said:

Thanks.

Oh no, I have filled out most of a ticket then it wanted me to explain my reasons in a box so I tried like three times to explain myself and then gave up and just closed the window.  I have not gone back yet.

But also I'm not premium on this account; I want to sell some lindens to pay for premium.  I added the payment information and thought the sell limit would update from 0 to higher than 0 if I waited 24 hours but that didn't happen.  Maybe it will fix itself if I charge one month of premium to the card...

Thanks for the suggestion.

your payment limits will only start rising after your first buy. Without that you'll not be able to sell, it wont get activated unless after 30 (i think?) days after the start of actual rising.

adding: USD buys like premium also won't raise your Lindex limits.( at least that was the use in the past, don't know for sure with Tillia.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

your payment limits will only start rising after your first buy. Without that you'll not be able to sell, it wont get activated unless after 30 (i think?) days after the start of actual rising.

I'm sorry Alwin, I don't quite follow; are you saying that I can't sell any lindens unless I buy lindens, even if I have payment info used?

1 hour ago, Anaiya Ahren said:

I'm sorry Alwin, I don't quite follow; are you saying that I can't sell any lindens unless I buy lindens, even if I have payment info used?

yes, just adding payment info doesn't start the limit changes, it doesn't have to be a huge buy, the minimum will do the work.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 9:55 AM, Eirynne Sieyes said:

The only thing that has ever bothered me about the iconic Phillip avatar - is that it doesn't even slightly resemble RL Phillip!

Whose avatar in SL does look like them in RL?

I made Kat because that how I want to look, not how I actually look. And my male alt is wayyy buffer than I ever was even in my AA baseball days.

(Does hope @Rowan Amore looks like herself though cause her avis are drop dead yumminess! *hugs*)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Whose avatar in SL does look like them in RL?

I made Kat because that how I want to look, not how I actually look. And my male alt is wayyy buffer than I ever was even in my AA baseball days.

(Does hope @Rowan Amore looks like herself though cause her avis are drop dead yumminess! *hugs*)

Well, considering I'm over 50 in RL...🤷🏾‍♀️

• Like 5

yes, just adding payment info doesn't start the limit changes,

Wow. if that's the case, then that's disgusting.  I've found nothing that states buying lindens is required to sell lindens, they advertise the ability to sell lindens in plenty of places but this restriction is not mentioned anywhere I've seen.

The  minimum buy for lindens is about 10 US dollars (my money is worth less than US dollars) and a fee I get charged for buying things in foreign currency so that's more like 20 dollars in my currency and I just paid for a month premium already which kind of stretched things for me actually.

I actually feel like crying now.

Where I come from this kind of bait and switch is illegal. 

Thanks for your help.

50 minutes ago, Anaiya Ahren said:

The  minimum buy for lindens is about 10 US dollars

not as far i know, for me it says a minimum value of $ 2.50, exchange fees might be high but can't really imagine it's 300%, that's a absurd rate, if so it might be wiser, if possible, to sign up for a paypal account with a USD balance, i think they have a better exchange rate than many banks.

( no it's no bait and also not illegal, if you already verificated with Tilia you seen already what tight rules they have to apply to by the government)

8fd8eac915781d502b09a9a875a6ce1b.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 2

no it's no bait and also not illegal,

Where I live it is - if you advertise a benefit of a product, you can't hide conditions on that in a separate ToS document.

, if you already verificated with Tilia you seen already what tight rules they have to apply to by the government)

I do not believe any government in the world require Tilia to make someone buy lindens to be allowed to sell lindens.  That's absurd. It's a completely arbitrary requirement - I don't believe it has anything at all to do with government regulatory requirements.

12 hours ago, Anaiya Ahren said:

I do not believe any government in the world require Tilia to make someone buy lindens to be allowed to sell lindens.  That's absurd. It's a completely arbitrary requirement - I don't believe it has anything at all to do with government regulatory requirements.

I won't speculate on why this is, money laundering, avoiding taxes, evil cheaters, or whatever.  But to play the Linden Realms game, where there is a maximum payout for completing the weekly quest of 25 $L, they require you must have a verified PIOF on file before LL can reward you with your precious 25 $L per week added to your linden account balance. 

It wasn't always this way.  Basic account players with no PIOF could for at least six years earn 50 $L per week for the quest, and needed NO payment info on file.  Then they added the requirement that you must have PIOF and it had to be used at least once to buy L$, before they will pay you the quest reward.  Then they cut the quest reward to 25 $L per week.   Then they reduced the number of estates from six to two, since many Basic free account no PIOF players were shut out.   You are greeted with this bulletin board in the Realms village:

035110c90c8bc93546dd36d9dda98862.png

• Thanks 1

Then they added the requirement that you must have PIOF and it had to be used at least once to buy L$, before they will pay you the quest reward

I collected the reward for that a couple of weeks ago on my other account which is premium but which I've never purchased lindens with.  You're right about the signs though because I was wondering when I was doing the quest if it would redeem since I knew I'd never purchased lindens on the account.

Oh, and something has happened to my trading limits even though they're still at 0 because I used to be "New Resident 1" and that's changed to "New Resident 2" now, whatever that means.

Perhaps that means it's on the 30 day wait period Alwin mentioned.  I really wish this was all just clearly explained on the trading limits dashboard page. 

Thanks for your input.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.