Men's Mental Health Month

21 hours ago, Orwar said:

I don't hesitate to go to the doctor because of what anyone else might think.

I just don't like going to the doctor. They scary. :ph34r:

I don't like going because most of them want something to be wrong so they can prescribe and set appointments. That's what scares me. And the drugs seem to be having worse and worse side effects. Even the drugs meant to cure cancers cause cancers. 😖

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

As easy as it is to say "men won't talk about their mental health because toxic masculinity", but I think it's more... I dunno, broader than that. I think it goes deeper. And/or women are just as guilty of toxic masculinity as men are.

Your right, It's a much more deeper, complex matter that can't just be blamed  on men alone. and women are just as guilty.  Ask any Feminine man, any trans man, etc. Women are just as capable of shaming and punishing men who don't or can't conform to gender roles.

I know so many of my trans brothers who get silenced and told their issues don't matter specifically because they are men!

So is it any wonder why so many of us stay silent?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

As easy as it is to say "men won't talk about their mental health because toxic masculinity", but I think it's more... I dunno, broader than that. I think it goes deeper. And/or women are just as guilty of toxic masculinity as men are.

toxic masculinity is result of mental disorder.  mental disorder comes from gene, , traumatic experienced or environmenral teaching. also some cultural and extreme religious / culture view.

culture and religious cannot be separated, both interactc each other..

well if you born at the wrong place at the wrong culture , you are push to have mental disorder,

example  conflict country, you are teach to kill since kid

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Your right, It's a much more deeper, complex matter that can't just be blamed  on men alone. and women are just as guilty.  Ask any Feminine man, any trans man, etc. Women are just as capable of shaming and punishing men who don't or can't conform to gender roles.

I know so many of my trans brothers who get silenced and told their issues don't matter specifically because they are men!

So is it any wonder why so many of us stay silent?

nope... ocd is main cause of toxic manly.  and it cant be cure. tbh someental diaorder cannot be cure. abusive husband, bulier, narcisssmm, they all born tobe an ass 😆.

human gene i s not perfect.

26 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

toxic masculinity is result of mental disorder.  mental disorder comes from gene, , traumatic experienced or environmenral teaching. also some cultural and extreme religious / culture view.

culture and religious cannot be separated, both interactc each other..

well if you born at the wrong place at the wrong culture , you are push to have mental disorder,

example  conflict country, you are teach to kill since kid

Uh I would have to disagree with you on toxic masculinity being a mental health disorder. The traits and behaviours you are talking about, are learned by the individual watching other guys. It's very much more an environmental and cultural view type of thing. That all being said, most men are raised not to talk about their issues.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Uh I would have to disagree with you on toxic masculinity being a mental health disorder. The traits and behaviours you are talking about, are learned by the individual watching other guys. It's very much more an environmental and cultural view type of thing. That all being said, most men are raised not to talk about their issues.

nope OCD and anxiety feel insecure  create defensife reaction

cause : ocd or mental disorder+ enviromenral+ culture

result : toxic masculin

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

OCD and Anxiety are two totally different things from certain behaviours that is being talked about in toxic masculinity. I am sorry, but its mainly environment and culture that plays a big role in shaping men and women. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

Maybe, before spouting nonsense, you could educate yourself on what toxic masculinity is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

OCD and Anxiety are two totally different things from certain behaviours that is being talked about in toxic masculinity. I am sorry, but its mainly environment and culture that plays a big role in shaping men and women. 

you cant do anythibg about it , you cant cotrol wherw to be born , which family, etc.

20 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

That is not what OCD or Anexity do, that is not at  all what mental illness is. That sort of uninformed  nonsense  is a huge reason why people of all genders face stigma in regards to mental health.

I am sorta male, I havecan anexity disorder but I do not engage inntoxic masculinity  and find it insulting to imply that the two are the same.

Shame on you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

That is not what OCD or Anexity do, that is not at  all what mental illness is. That sort of uninformed  nonsense  is a huge reason why people of all genders face stigma in regards to mental health.

I am sorta male, I havecan anexity disorder but I do not engage inntoxic masculinity  and find it insulting to imply that the two are the same.

Shame on you.

people with mental disorder is vulnerable to such thing from toxic masculinity to fragile masculinity, you might be at the oppose side , idk. but you shown your anxiety now you easilly

feel.offended . this just a discussion.

be calm.. and relax.

and idk if you have mental issu so i am sorry i-just-want-peace-peace-sign.gif

Just now, Kalegthepsionicist said:

people with mental disorder is vulnerable to such thing from toxic masculinity to fragile masculinity, you might be at the oppose side , idk. but you shown your anxiety niw you easilly feel.offended . this just a discussion.

No, we are not and plenty of people without any mental health issues engage in toxic masculinty. Because it is not about mental health but societal expectations and enviroment.

I am actually quite calm however.  This isn't being easily offended. This is pointing out incorrect information.  OCD is a specific  mental disorder. It is not in any way related to toxic masculinity. A discussion is useless in one part is using false info that only hurts others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

ok😁

Condescending responses don't help either.

From an article,  written BY a man since some people need that affirmation.  I suggest you read it.

Toxic masculinity is the result of a set of strict rules that prescribe what being a man should be. These toxic "man rules" include:

A man should suffer physical and emotional pain in silence.

A man shouldn’t seek warmth, comfort, or tenderness.

A man should only have the emotions of bravery and anger. Any other emotions are weaknesses. Weakness is unacceptable.

A man shouldn’t depend on anyone. Asking for help is also weak.

A man should always want to win, whether in sports, work, relationships, or sex.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-sex-and-relationships/202103/what-is-toxic-masculinity

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

No, we are not and plenty of people without any mental health issues engage in toxic masculinty. Because it is not about mental health but societal expectations and enviroment.

I am actually quite calm however.  This isn't being easily offended. This is pointing out incorrect information.  OCD is a specific  mental disorder. It is not in any way related to toxic masculinity. A discussion is useless in one part is using false info that only hurts others.

I don't know what his deal is. I mean when you are raised by a dad, who even when I was an adult. Would constantly check on me and ask me if I was fine. Like he wanted to know how I was feeling, the guy would cry in front of me, and I would cry in front of him. You grow up with a different perspective of masculinity, than what most men grow up with. My dad was my rock, but he was also a shoulder to cry on. So I don't know how toxic masculinity and mentalh health run hand in hand. It should be pretty simple, parents should be teaching boys that emotions are okay, that crying is okay. That not having a good day is okay. I was raised like that, and I turned out fine. I don't have a macho man complex. Lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Condescending responses don't help either.

From an article,  written BY a man since some people need that affirmation.  I suggest you read it.

Toxic masculinity is the result of a set of strict rules that prescribe what being a man should be. These toxic "man rules" include:

A man should suffer physical and emotional pain in silence.

A man shouldn’t seek warmth, comfort, or tenderness.

A man should only have the emotions of bravery and anger. Any other emotions are weaknesses. Weakness is unacceptable.

A man shouldn’t depend on anyone. Asking for help is also weak.

A man should always want to win, whether in sports, work, relationships, or sex.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-sex-and-relationships/202103/what-is-toxic-masculinity

idk maybe in your toxic culture, cause it ,

but for number 5.

of course you should win when compete in sport, c'mon, no body playing soccer and give their ball to their opponent while smile and said, take this ball we wont win 😁.

and how to win in sex i dont undersrand. win in relationship. ?? can you explain

what is win in sex and relationship.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

idk maybe in your toxic culture, cause it ,

but for number 5.

of course you should win when compete in sport, c'mon, no body playing soccer and give their ball to their opponent while smile and said, take this ball we wont win 😁.

and how to win in sex i dont undersrand. win in relationship. ?? can you explain

what is win in sex and relationship.

I think they mean in everyday life. Like somehow men are neanderthals and are competing for survival. Those days are over, they have been for 100s of thousands of years. We are creatures of base emotions. And competition is a human thing. Wanting to win at sports is very much ingrained in everyone. Lol. But I mean I was taught that it doesn't matter if you win or lose, its how you play the game. So I wasn't that competitive myself. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

I think they mean in everyday life. Like somehow men are neanderthals and are competing for survival. Those days are over, they have been for 100s of thousands of years. We are creatures of base emotions. And competition is a human thing. Wanting to win at sports is very much ingrained in everyone. Lol. But I mean I was taught that it doesn't matter if you win or lose, its how you play the game. So I wasn't that competitive myself. 

in sport , using any drugs can cause attitude disorder. such as testoteron booster etc

5 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

in sport , using any drugs can cause attitude disorder. such as testoteron booster etc

That is not a disorder, I mean drug dependency is. But drugs cannot cause an attitude disorder. It does boost testosterone, which usually boosts certain emotions, IE anger, it also boosts certain attributes IE strength. You really need to read a psycnology text book. Lol 

• Like 3

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

That is not a disorder, I mean drug dependency is. But drugs cannot cause an attitude disorder. It does boost testosterone, which usually boosts certain emotions, IE anger, it also boosts certain attributes IE strength. You really need to read a psycnology text book. Lol 

I didnuse it lol i know how is feel, and what you feel when you stop using it

24 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

what is win in sex and relationship

Win, as is he wants sex so he will get it at any cost.  HE is somehow supposed to be in charge of the relationship.  Treating the woman as secondary to whatever it is he wants.  The "I'm the man, I make the rules" attitude.  You, because you're a man, are not better than me nor do your needs or wants inherently come before mine because I'm a woman.  The only difference, to me, is some men are bigger and stronger.  Big deal.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1