Men's Mental Health Month

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Gendered toys are absolute BS.

I have no love for Barbie either. Useless boring stick figure that's fiddly to dress and can't stand up. Had a box full of them, I enjoyed brushing their hair, but that's about it.

I actively played with star wars "dolls", train sets, computers, an absurd amount of Lego and a few stereotypical girls things. Was this because I was a masculine child? Nope! It's because those are the things I enjoyed and my parents loathed wasting money on stuff I would just ignore or get bored of (or destroy).

Toys are just toys.

The fun toys are the ones that excite and inspire a child to tell stories with, whatever suits them. The best toys are the ones an adult engages with and enjoys with the child.

Look at us now, here .. we're playing with virtual dress up dolls, playing house and building like Lego. SL is a toy box and we're all grown adults.

My son had a baby doll named Jeffrey.  He wanted one because all the girls at the sitter's had one.  He also had legos, building blocks and action figures.  The last 3 all being non gender specific.  Boys call them action figures, girls call them dolls.  Same thing, though.  

Personally, I hated Barbie dolls and played mostly with the building blocks and Tinker Toys.  

5 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

therr are lot masculine female outthere but still female. not lgbt

How are you defining 'masculine' in regards to females?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
14 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

For the record: Father's Day was widely observed. Even on Facebook and in Church (for me, at least). I suspect claims of Father's Day taking a backseat this year may come from "news" outlets like Fox News.

I was gonna say, I saw comics and posts and other stuff celebrating father's day. 

Think I solved it - they use the word "whilst", so are in the UK.  Juneteenth is not even observed/celebrated in the UK.  Father's Day is.

So basically - complaining for attention.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

masculinity is more like interest, male like to compete,  love to have athletic body, love todo male stuff, etc

I think I know what you are trying to say here but I just wanted to add my two cents.

I am female in RL and SL and identify myself as such. I am feminine, wear my hair long and care for my appearance however I've always loved to be athletic and am not particularly fond of long frilly dresses and high heels. I take boots, jeans and jodhs any day over that.

I am also very competitive, both in my career, personal life and sports. I like to succeed and win, if I can. If I can't I get over it and try to understand where I failed so I can have a better shot at succeeding next time. By competitive I mean ambitious and driven. Knowing how to lose gracefully is part of a competitive spirit, imho.

Athleticism, being driven and competitive are not unique masculine or gender specific traits, they are personality traits found in the whole spectrum.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I am feminine, wear my hair long [ ... ]

I'm masculine, and I wear my hair long .. And wear a 'man-skirt' most of the time when it's warm!

• Like 6

To get the focus back on men's mental health.

Sadly in allot of places inculding where I am from there's a pressure from society for men to "tough it out" at best. But more commonly their issues are completely ignored.  Because they are men and cannot possibly have piormental health. Even though the very same societal values and expectations deny them the ability to share their emotions or problems to anyone but a spouse or girlfriend   Because emotional vulnerability i n men is seen as weak. Both by men and women.

Which is bs as many here have already, rightfully pointed out.  Butbsadly allot of places and people still belive that. Thankfully more people are questioning and debunking these sterotypes and gender roles.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So does my 6' 2" 250lb independent biker husband. 😉

Well, he's got about an inch and 50 lbs on me then! ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:
2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So does my 6' 2" 250lb independent biker husband. 😉

Well, he's got about an inch and 50 lbs on me then! ^_^

So many.."daddies"..so little time!

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So many.."daddies"..so little time!

Yeah, nah - I want me a sugar mum!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

that's true of all health conditions .. tough it out .. no you idiot, go to the ER

Again, this seems to be a thing only among men.  We women are always telling them to SEE A DOCTOR!   If all you men would stop worrying about what other men think, you'd be much better off.  Granted, women can be the same way about their looks.  However, we're more likely to see a doctor if we're having some issue.   A doctor with enough compassion and empathy to listen to what we actually say.  There in lies the difference between men and women in ALL health care.  Men are taken more seriously while women are often dismissed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Again, this seems to be a thing only among men.  We women are always telling them to SEE A DOCTOR!   If all you men would stop worrying about what other men think, you'd be much better off.  Granted, women can be the same way about their looks.  However, we're more likely to see a doctor if we're having some issue.   A doctor with enough compassion and empathy to listen to what we actually say.  There in lies the difference between men and women in ALL health care.  Men are taken more seriously while women are often dismissed.

I mean before I came out as trans. Any sort of thing that I had no idea about or was questioning it in the terms of my health. I would always go see a doctor. Think I am having a heart attack. When its really just pains from my scoliosis. Go see a doctor. I never shied away from a doctor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Again, this seems to be a thing only among men.  We women are always telling them to SEE A DOCTOR!   If all you men would stop worrying about what other men think, you'd be much better off.

I don't hesitate to go to the doctor because of what anyone else might think.

I just don't like going to the doctor. They scary. :ph34r:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I don't hesitate to go to the doctor because of what anyone else might think.

It’s ok Orwar, just go see a vet instead. We wear cool scrubs 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

yeah I  get that.

.. Not quite as scary as dentists, of course.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:
1 hour ago, Orwar said:

It’s ok Orwar, just go see a vet instead. We wear cool scrubs 😄

Vets are really scary! Euthanasia and neutering. 🙀🙀🙀

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

How are you defining 'masculine' in regards to females?  

tbh i have no issue with feminis or masculine , irl or sl i even dont care about it , my bset friend in sl is a gay lol. and i have no issue with it but it doesnt means i become gay or changes my appearences. masculin for me it just appearance people cgoosee,. I found many extreme feminist exaggerated the term of masculinity Lol.

actually I  am not the pasrt of any feminis or manlyhood or whatever yoy called it anti feminism, or anti masculinity ,. I am regular person and dont put any really concern about that thing. I love money more than both of it.

ehm sorry I mean money is more important than mascilinity or what you call them. no money your noone respect you. Lol , ppl not see your masculinity. my 5 cents

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

10 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Gendered toys are absolute BS.

I have no love for Barbie either. Useless boring stick figure that's fiddly to dress and can't stand up. Had a box full of them, I enjoyed brushing their hair, but that's about it.

I actively played with star wars "dolls", train sets, computers, an absurd amount of Lego and a few stereotypical girls things. Was this because I was a masculine child? Nope! It's because those are the things I enjoyed and my parents loathed wasting money on stuff I would just ignore or get bored of (or destroy).

Toys are just toys.

The fun toys are the ones that excite and inspire a child to tell stories with, whatever suits them. The best toys are the ones an adult engages with and enjoys with the child.

Look at us now, here .. we're playing with virtual dress up dolls, playing house and building like Lego. SL is a toy box and we're all grown adults.

for me there are no problem for term maculine or fem boy or whatever.

I think maybe some people have bad experience in thier past life and have issue with it.  anyway that things not really concern me actually.

9 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I think I know what you are trying to say here but I just wanted to add my two cents.

I am female in RL and SL and identify myself as such. I am feminine, wear my hair long and care for my appearance however I've always loved to be athletic and am not particularly fond of long frilly dresses and high heels. I take boots, jeans and jodhs any day over that.

I am also very competitive, both in my career, personal life and sports. I like to succeed and win, if I can. If I can't I get over it and try to understand where I failed so I can have a better shot at succeeding next time. By competitive I mean ambitious and driven. Knowing how to lose gracefully is part of a competitive spirit, imho.

Athleticism, being driven and competitive are not unique masculine or gender specific traits, they are personality traits found in the whole spectrum.

. actually that term not Important.

I am guy irl , i am straight guy and I never concern  that term in my head, I knew  term masc ulinity toxic from net, and its sound silly .   not really important for me. grnder special trait geez I dont think about it lol I am pragmatic person . so if you want to say you are feminiine while you still do all you said , idont really carr. it just a term .

masculinity or feminine term does not affect your personalities / temperamen

inrovert, extrovert person is base on personalities, not that term

9 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

To get the focus back on men's mental health.

Sadly in allot of places inculding where I am from there's a pressure from society for men to "tough it out" at best. But more commonly their issues are completely ignored.  Because they are men and cannot possibly have piormental health. Even though the very same societal values and expectations deny them the ability to share their emotions or problems to anyone but a spouse or girlfriend   Because emotional vulnerability i n men is seen as weak. Both by men and women.

Which is bs as many here have already, rightfully pointed out.  Butbsadly allot of places and people still belive that. Thankfully more people are questioning and debunking these sterotypes and gender roles.

you cant changea society, but you can get the hell out from there. but of course you should choose, if you only grudge nothing happen. no solution.

get your ass from there, ptoblem solved

my grand grand grand dad said

to solve problem ,  think, plan , act.

眼泪救

tears do not put down the fire

3 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

you cant changea society, but you can get the hell out from there. but of course you should choose, if you only grudge nothing happen. no solution.

get your ass from there, ptoblem solved

my grand grand grand dad said

to solve problem ,  think, plan , act.

眼泪救

tears do not put down the fire

If that where true, then all of history would not have happened. Society has changed time and time again.  Through people looking at the wrongs, going  duck that  poop and making it change for the better.

We can and will do so again. Running away does nothing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

If that where true, then all of history would not have happened. Society has changed time and time again.  Through people looking at the wrongs, going  duck that  poop and making it change for the better.

We can and will do so again. Running away does nothing.

ok i tell you my story,

I was born in place where we are minority,my dad decide to move to other contry we all move when big accident happen. my dad ia great he make great decision to save us to be in toxic culture

that teach me something.. you cannot change society but you canget away from it.

As easy as it is to say "men won't talk about their mental health because toxic masculinity", but I think it's more... I dunno, broader than that. I think it goes deeper. And/or women are just as guilty of toxic masculinity as men are.

• Like 1