So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Journey05 said:

it's rather negative to toss it off the discussion as irrelevant to the value when it's directly been stated as actively in development for the soon-to-be account level.

you obviously don't know the value of "soon" from a Linden yet ...

How long did the "soon" for windlight and environment take?
The "soon"for Belliseria?
and lots ( really LOTS ) more

It's like buying on mp without demo ... no thanks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Patch said 650L

don't forget many people have to compare it to their current premium, ánd, some people currently already have a 400 or 500 l$ stipend, (as as told earlier possibly loose that after a P+ downgrade .. for these people  the raise partly is paid by themself becuase they háve it already)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't forget many people have to compare it to their current premium, ánd, some people currently already have a 400 or 500 l$ stipend, (as as told earlier possibly loose that after a P+ downgrade .. for these people  the raise partly is paid by themself becuase they háve it already)

Just pointing out after this person tried to correct what others were saying, that this is what Patch said XD I don't care for all the weird comparison spreadsheets. For me it's awesome to upgrade.

In our household we pay for YT Premium, we have 4 Xbox game passes, switch online family plan, Netflix, Disney+, 2 kids have a Fortnite monthly subscription, Humblebundles...Minecraft servers and much more XD I really don't need to get all my money back worth of stuff in a premium plus I am happy I can have a bigger plot of mainland or a LH the stipend is awesome ...more groups but that is ME. So if others don't see a use it's awesome too x3 was just correcting a false statement.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you obviously don't know the value of "soon" from a Linden yet ...

How long did the "soon" for windlight and environment take?
The "soon"for Belliseria?
and lots ( really LOTS ) more

It's like buying on mp without demo ... no thanks.

Yes XD I am pretty allergic to "soon" by now lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know why we would suspect that LL would grant us all double land while cutting their bottom line on tier fees in some way.

Well they have to host mainland whether it's abandoned or in resident hands and having  content on that land adds value to LL's users and entices people to stay in-world compared to bland empty fields, and it costs them little more to host paid accounts compared to free accounts, so as the economy is putting the squeeze on discretionary spending for leisure, it makes a lot of sense to offer better deals to entice those who can afford a little more to hopefully make up likely income losses from the people who simply can't afford to keep spending their current LL budget as the economy tightens.

I actually expected near double prices (maybe 5 dollars a year less) for double land/stipend or double prices for more than double land (say an extra 512ish) or something.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Just pointing out after this person tried to correct what others were saying, that this is what Patch said XD I don't care for all the weird comparison spreadsheets. For me it's awesome to upgrade.

In our household we pay for YT Premium, we have 4 Xbox game passes, switch online family plan, Netflix, Disney+, 2 kids have a Fortnite monthly subscription, Humblebundles...Minecraft servers and much more XD I really don't need to get all my money back worth of stuff in a premium plus I am happy I can have a bigger plot of mainland or a LH the stipend is awesome ...more groups but that is ME. So if others don't see a use it's awesome too x3 was just correcting a false statement.

I have nothing against a company that earns money by subscriptions at all, but it has to be in line when offering + memberships, and for me it doesn't it's less than the normal premium.
I don't compare it to my other subscriptions, and i'm not even on a very thight budget, but have my limits on what costs for a entertainment subscription is worth for me, i can spend my money only one time. Together with my normal spendings in SL, 249 is way over that limit.

• Like 8

For those who need \ want the added features of Premium plus, It's great to have the option.  Should you choose a bump from $99 to $249, just remember you most likely will have added tax to it, too.

Patch mentioned when the new Linden Homes debuted & some were unhappy with covenant restrictions (paraphrased) Not all packages work for everyone, and there are other products offered that might fit you better.  

I would like to see the increase in Tier be an additional 350, rather than flat across the board 650.  Dedicated long term residents who have stipends other than 300 will not see as high an increased value bump to 650 mark.   Remember they stayed, reward and thank them accordingly should they wish to pay for additional features.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

Some of you know that Patch Linden announced the new Premium Plus benefits at the SL19B today; it will launch on SL's 19th Birthday, 23rd June

Some benefits include:

2,048sq m of tier

650L$ stipend and 3,000L$ one off sign up bonus

140 groups, up from 42/70

160 messages cap (I think)

No upload fees for textures

10L$ to create a group down from 100L$

Pricing will be $24.99 introductory price per month if you sign up within the first 30 days or $29.99 normal price monthly, or $249 yearly

Thoughts?

I think it's a good package but would like to see a quarterly option as I can't afford $249 in one go

The stipend is more than I expected and the group creation fee is nice, as is free uploads

Will you be signing up? Did you catch any benefits I missed?

right now i don't see it as a need to upgrade to premium plus, unless they are creating attractive 2048 linden homes then maybe i consider

Edited by sceneris
  • Like 1

Imo, LL has got it totally wrong. I would expect a Product+ to be the Product with a few extras, and costing a bit more. Instead, this Product+ costs 2½ times what the Product costs, but it only has a bit over twice the stipend and twice the land. It has some minor extras that most people won't make any use of, and that's it.

I'd guess that they realised they'd been talking about a Premium+ for so long, but couldn't really get to grips with it properly, so they decided to come up with something that nobody would want because it's too expensive, and leave it at that, thus having no more need to even think about it.

Don't they have anyone who can think sensibly in that company? It's just nonsense.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 11

12 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

That can't be right.

It's like LL didn't do the math on this at all. Two premium accounts with a group land bonus pretty much shuts this down.

When premium, for a person is only about tier then yes, but for me it's much more also the other perks and supporting the company who's giving me a nice hobby x3 

And maybe they will up the price for regular premium later on to even this or they will keep 24.99 🤔 who knows.

I will be happy on the 23rd when it's released to upgrade and have the opportunity to have a Linden Home AND a mainland parcel 😊 and more animesh, and groups.. I am maxed out for months now X_X

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

When premium, for a person is only about tier then yes, but for me it's much more also the other perks and supporting the company who's giving me a nice hobby x3 

And maybe they will up the price for regular premium later on to even this or they will keep 24.99 🤔 who knows.

I will be happy on the 23rd when it's released to upgrade and have the opportunity to have a Linden Home AND a mainland parcel 😊 and more animesh, and groups.. I am maxed out for months now X_X

I don't like supporting people that can't do basic math, and it's starting to look like LL can't do basic math.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I will be happy on the 23rd when it's released to upgrade and have the opportunity to have a Linden Home AND a mainland parcel 😊

You've been able to do that for a long time with 2 x Premium accounts, costing US$50 less that you are about to pay.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

You've been able to do that for a long time with 2 x Premium accounts, costing US$50 less that you are about to pay.

Yeah but I don't want to. I don't want to "stack alts" or play GOH... My RL daughter is premium also we have a nice groupowned (means LI maxed xD) parcel and now I can also have a LH next to it or make our parcel bigger. And I want MY account premium plus not some rando alt, not worth the hustle to save a few bucks (for me), also I don't get all the other perks from it. For me free upload and 140 groups alone are awesome. I think if this is worth it to people is like with basic account and premiums before...for some it was worth it for some it wasn't, simple like that.

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is a package for those that can more than afford it.  If you are making $100 USD/hr or more in RL, you pay for a year in 3 hrs after taxes.  Pocket change...

It's why some drive Porsche's and some drive Fords, and some ride the bus.

This is not a package for ordinary SLer's.  And it's not really a package for full region owners either, who already have so much more then Premium Plus offers.

Why anyone needs 140 groups is mind boggling - how do you get anything else done?

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Yeah but I don't want to. I don't want to "stack alts" or play GOH... My RL daughter is premium also we have a nice parcel and now I can also have a LH next to it or make our parcel bigger. And I want MY account premium plus not some rando alt, not worth the hustle to save a few bucks (for me), also I don't get all the other perks from it. For me free upload and 140 groups alone are awesome. I think if this is worth it to people is like with basic account and premiums before...for some it was worth it for some it wasn't, simple like that.

Not an LL Fangirl, as such, and I'm not going to try to convince people here who are disappointed in this that they shouldn't be. From their perspective, I've no doubt they're right. Certainly, this isn't a thing I'm going to find worthwhile myself.

But I DO love your positivity and excitement about this. It has actually, literally, made me smile.

16 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I don't like supporting people that can't do basic math, and it's starting to look like LL can't do basic math.

Now, that's just MEAN.

Some of us are very nice people. And have other . . . talents.

I don't think LL "got the math wrong" on this. They've been sitting on it and, I presume, analyzing this long enough that I'm sure they know what they're doing.

My sense is that this is designed to be a niche product. If lots of people jump onboard, then I'm sure they'll be pleased, but I think that this is supposed to appeal to a particular kind of user. They may well not want a rush to sign on to this, for various reasons, including platform capacity. I don't think that this is intended as a mainstream product -- and if so, they've succeeded.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

This is a package for those that can more than afford it.  If you are making $100 USD/hr or more in RL, you pay for a year in 3 hrs after taxes.  Pocket change...

It's why some drive Porsche's and some drive Fords, and some ride the bus.

This is not a package for ordinary SLer's.  And it's not really a package for full region owners either, who already have so much more then Premium Plus offers.

Why anyone needs 140 groups is mind boggling - how do you get anything else done?

There you can see that everyone plays SL differently and its awesome! Some wonder who needs 140 groups, some wonder why some people need 7 alts to have 7 Linden Homes some love more animesh and so on. So I really embrace LL offering different packages maybe in the future there will be , GOH Premium, super animesh lover premium, groups until you drop premium 🤣 who knows but it's really a personal thing I believe and the diversity is what made me love SL in the first place.

Edit: and I forgot the people who never were premium at all I bet they wonder why we weirdos even are premium at all x3 so yea everyone can play SL the way they need and love it 💜

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hm, the new perks don't seem to have any "wow" factor, but I suppose creators or event organisers might find the upload and group discounts useful? I'm definitely not their target audience - USD30-40 a year is my budget for SL.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Now, that's just MEAN.

Some of us are very nice people. And have other . . . talents.

I don't think LL "got the math wrong" on this. They've been sitting on it and, I presume, analyzing this long enough that I'm sure they know what they're doing.

I don't have to be nice to them, I'm their customer, not their mother.

I'm also not as sure as you are that they do know what they're doing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Doubling everything is about what I expected. New Linden homes to use the higher land allowance, also expected. None of those things are things I really need currently. Free uploads of textures, sounds, animations, and eventually mesh, might make this a big win for some larger output content creators. I'm sure that's why it'll be $250/year instead of $200. Consider it a worthwhile perk value wise if you do more than 1200 uploads a year. Speaking of value, if you can't afford a year at a time, don't even consider Premium Plus. If you pay the $30 (I'm not playing the 29.95 game) per month, that's $360 for the year. Pay for a year and after the stipend your actual cost would be around $112 for the year. Figuring the cost of a regular Premium account the same way, it comes to around $35. For me, there's nothing compelling enough in this package to be worth over 3X the cost of my current premium account. I'm sure there are some who will jump at it though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.