Multiple selectable tags in a group?

Amberyl Ethaniel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

Wondering if there is a way to set up my group where the members can select from several tags to go above their head.Is there a way to do that? Thanks!!

Create multiple Roles, giving each Role the same Abilities that you want the members to have, assign Titles to the Roles, and then assign the members to all of the applicable roles.  They'll then be able to choose which role/title they want active at any given time.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Create multiple Roles, giving each Role the same Abilities that you want the members to have, assign Titles to the Roles, and then assign the members to all of the applicable roles.  They'll then be able to choose which role/title they want active at any given time.

Ah, so theres not a way for them to add themselves to multiple roles, I'd have to do it as owner/admin?

6 minutes ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

Ah, so theres not a way for them to add themselves to multiple roles, I'd have to do it as owner/admin?

You have to initially assign all of the Roles that you want each person to have.

If you gave their current role the Ability to assign roles, then they could also assign themselves as Owner -- and you do not want that. 

If you have a lot of members, you might be able to do it via scripting - cobble something together yourself if you want or hire a scripter to do it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You have to initially assign all of the Roles that you want each person to have.

If you gave their current role the Ability to assign roles, then they could also assign themselves as Owner -- and you do not want that. 

If you have a lot of members, you might be able to do it via scripting - cobble something together yourself if you want or hire a scripter to do it.

Makes sense, I just thought there might be a quick hands off way, but I will check into a script. Thanks!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.