I keep disconnecting since router driver updated

Drugann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, 

I've been dealing with disconnecting problems since my router changed.Sl kicks me out after 30 seconds . I fixed it by setting QoS setting but yesterday it updated himself and settings doesn't work anymore. Now i see 1000 ping only in SL, and when i speed test i get 200 ping , 122mbps download and 9.17 mbps upload which must be enough . My router is TP-Link Archer C5V . I don't know what to do

5 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Drugann said:

Hello, 

I've been dealing with disconnecting problems since my router changed.Sl kicks me out after 30 seconds . I fixed it by setting QoS setting but yesterday it updated himself and settings doesn't work anymore. Now i see 1000 ping only in SL, and when i speed test i get 200 ping , 122mbps download and 9.17 mbps upload which must be enough . My router is TP-Link Archer C5V . I don't know what to do 

edit : i uploaded firestorm.log into drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MlhHzSL4ms4tBQAAVUtGISCdZnFYpCBa/view?usp=sharing

10 hours ago, Drugann said:

Hello, 

Have you tried a simple reboot of your modem?

• Like 1

Is this router supplied by your internet service provider? (The model looks more like something an ISP would use, rather than something an individual would purchase themselves, although I always associated TP-Link with low cost consumer gear.) Anyway, if it was ISP-supplied, you may need to work with your ISP's tech support because whatever's going wrong might be due to an unfortunate configuration change they pushed down the wire rather than actual firmware updates by the manufacturer (unless you know differently).

It would be nice to know if anybody else is having this problem. Not seeing anything relevant in Jira (yet?), although filing one may be the next step here if it's not an ISP issue.

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Is this router supplied by your internet service provider? (The model looks more like something an ISP would use, rather than something an individual would purchase themselves, although I always associated TP-Link with low cost consumer gear.) Anyway, if it was ISP-supplied, you may need to work with your ISP's tech support because whatever's going wrong might be due to an unfortunate configuration change they pushed down the wire rather than actual firmware updates by the manufacturer (unless you know differently).

It would be nice to know if anybody else is having this problem. Not seeing anything relevant in Jira (yet?), although filing one may be the next step here if it's not an ISP issue.

Some people from my country having simillar issues in this from , but their questions never answered , it can be because of the isp , but i don't think they have any idea because i have no other problem with anything else . Now i am assuming it may be because of the dns , but i don't know how to fix that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.