Denim advice?

Nightingalia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hope it's alright to start a thread here, I didn't want to clutter up the daily selfie thread XD (also thanks to everyone who gave me advice)

I've been eyeing these skirts and thought they would work perfectly with a top I already own. Which shade of denim would work best?

Snapshot_048.thumb.png.686a92bcbd14e38a96730e2a5ad16f3a.pngSnapshot_046.thumb.png.d973309205c08cf657dbd456502992f8.pngSnapshot_049.thumb.png.5d3629515c500cd5dee17f1dbb85a1c2.png

other colors available

51992229196_2937aa2513_o.png.a7a6bc648b236e9d5196255e33b43295.png

Hello Nightingalia, 

my pick would be the one girl pictured on the left, (the 2 middle picks on the HUD).....to my eye it looks like new denim, it could be worn with darker tops and still work out great with something light too....i don't think the other ones would be able to work in all instances....jmho : )

Have fun making your outfit, and post which one you decide on : )

Josephine

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Left, right, centre. In that order.

I'm not a huge fan of faded denim though, so take my third pick with a grain of salt.

That's the complete opposite of me! I tend to prefer faded denim, it just gives me that denim feel, but I still love all shades of denim XD

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to Jessica's eternal hell of indecisiveness... thought I'd just continue this thread as I don't think it'd be appropriate of me to keep making new threads every time I have a fashion dilemma!

Anyways, if anyone reads this, which version of this outfit do you like betterSnapshot_024.thumb.jpg.d7823110ac3116f085af99f8560bcf0a.jpg?!

well, since I am one who does not like the look of boobs peeping under my tops,  nor am I a fan of low pants and skirts,  of the choice given I would take the one on the right of the screen as you look at it.  Skirt is a bit lower but not horribly so.  And I like the denim of the skirt better on it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The thong straps showing are just too tacky for my taste as well.

Thanks for your input!! I wasn't into fashion or paying attention to it through that era so I never thought of it like that, but now that I think about it, it does make sense! Some celebrities just make it look so cool sometimes XD

3 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

well, since I am one who does not like the look of boobs peeping under my tops,  nor am I a fan of low pants and skirts,  of the choice given I would take the one on the right of the screen as you look at it.  Skirt is a bit lower but not horribly so.  And I like the denim of the skirt better on it.

Gotcha, thank you!! I do agree under boobs look a little uncomfortable :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

This 100%. Could even tie the nail polish to match the handbag, or too much?

Shoes and handbag or hair accessory (Glasses?) and handbag but that's just my opinion.  I don't own a handbag in SL.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Shoes and handbag or hair accessory (Glasses?) and handbag but that's just my opinion.  I don't own a handbag in SL.

I like my shoes to match my outfit for sure, but I am not big on handbags or purses in SL,  I know they are popular accessories but I have never felt the need for them.  Sometimes a hand bag can be pretty silly looking,  I saw a lady at a formal dance, her handbag kept poking through her partner as they danced, looked pretty silly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I like my shoes to match my outfit for sure, but I am not big on handbags or purses in SL,  I know they are popular accessories but I have never felt the need for them.  Sometimes a hand bag can be pretty silly looking,  I saw a lady at a formal dance, her handbag kept poking through her partner as they danced, looked pretty silly.

In general, yes my shoes usually match my outfit but if the outfit is multicolored, it's fun to pick the brightest or most obscure color to go with it.   But to me, a contrasting color in accessories such as handbag, scarf, hat, jewelry can give the outfit something special.  It just pops out more.

1023076612_R(6).jpg.81fafa8298bba10227e105e7584e081d.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.