Teleport Issue

sassywheelz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had my laptop repaired and after getting him back it seems that my firestorm settings are a bit different. When I'm trying to teleport from a website by clicking on Visit this location, it doesn't automatically open in my Firestorm. Is there something I can do in my settings to change?

I added a screenshot of what I'm talking about. efb00266fccc1f065c66de9896915248.png

Listen to me any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Hi,

perhaps you had multiple viewers installed, and Firestorm isn't set as default handler for slurl

Run the Installer again (no need to uninstall). You will see a prompt: “Do you want to register Firestorm as default handler for virtual world protocols?” Clicking Yes will set the viewer to open map slurls from the web.

(firestormviewer.org) Clicking on a SLURL Doesn't Activate the Viewer

• Like 1

It's actually easier than all that. If you are trying to teleport to a destination from the map UI on your web browser, it won;t work unless you have taught your browser what to do with the peculiar version of a URL that we refer to as a SLURL. There's a handy add-on that you can install to do that.  Find it at https://downloads.firestormviewer.org/SLURLProxy.zip  .  I suspect that you had it installed before, but it was deleted when you did the repair work on your laptop.

Read more about it here >>>  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/slurl

Oh, duh.  Lindal already said that.  ^^

Edited by Rolig Loon
Ooops

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.