Not saving new friends and friends not appearing on line when they are (and are not hiding)

RayScott Heron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's some time now i have these 2 concurrent issues

a) i dont find the calling cards of people i have befriended 

b) some friends (a number of) appear offline when they are online, and they are not hiding (checked and positive)

I guess it has something to do with my account, but how can i fix it?

Just to mention it, I also find myself stuck in mid air when changing pose ona piece of furniture....seems another symptom that something is wrong

And yes, of course i cleaned cache

Thx for any help

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, RayScott Heron said:

Anticipating the small chorus who will say the same thing .... clearing cache is not generally a good idea unless you have a demonstrated inventory problem. The cache files on your computer are there to speed up response time and minimize rendering lag. Unless you have corrupt files in cache, clearing them and thus forcing your computer to reacquire (or download) the information again is defeating the purpose of having cache in the first place.

2 hours ago, RayScott Heron said:

It's some time now i have these 2 concurrent issues

a) i dont find the calling cards of people i have befriended 

b) some friends (a number of) appear offline when they are online, and they are not hiding (checked and positive)

I guess it has something to do with my account, but how can i fix it?

Just to mention it, I also find myself stuck in mid air when changing pose ona piece of furniture....seems another symptom that something is wrong

Thx for any help

They were supposed to have fixed the friendship thing last month...

2022-05-06.571613

Monday, May 16, 2022

Release Notes

Restored the ability to accept and decline offline friendship and group membership offers. As part of this work, the following capabilities have been significantly re-implemented:

ReadOfflineMsgs

AcceptFriendship

DeclineFriendship

AcceptGroupInvite

DeclineGroupInvite

Third-party viewer and open source developers should verify the functionality of friendship and group membership offers generally. And there are small documentation updates on the Wiki: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Current_Sim_Capabilities

Server-side generation of Calling Cards when a friendship offer is accepted has been removed. This feature moved to the viewer several years ago and now accepting friendship offers creates, at most, two Calling Cards, one for each party.

Quirks are also preserved. Offline offers can be acted upon only while in the region one logged into. Offers remain active for 24 hours from receipt or until the region restarts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.