Please !!! Let me mute the land forum...

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

People flooding the land forum with weekly thread bumps makes the forum unread tab unreadable.

I'm not in the market for land. I don't want to see all this. Please make it stop.

I just read/see the forums I follow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

People flooding the land forum with weekly thread bumps makes the forum unread tab unreadable.

I'm not in the market for land. I don't want to see all this. Please make it stop.

Not gonna be renting from willowdale?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2022 at 7:06 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

apparently activity streams are a thing and if you play with the options very carefully. . .

https://community.secondlife.com/discover/251/

. . you can even share them! . . .

• Thanks 4

On 6/18/2022 at 7:06 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

I just want to know why someone posts reviews mentioning them, without quotes. As if they're being posted by someone else. About them. By name. That's all! * buys them a "Style Guide" *

41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So can we make it NOT SSP, NOT Belliseria, NOT etc.?

well, you actually have to select the positive sections you ~do want, which is a lil' tedious and error-prone.

I'm too lazy for screenshots, but activity->my activity streams->(big orange button)create new stream->under 'content types' select 'topics' and hit the gear that shows up when its selected->in the 'narrow by forum' box check ~all of the different forums you want to be updated on.

the 'content types' a stream is following don't seem to be modifiable after you create the stream(ETA: those are retroactively changeable too I was just a little blind) , but all the other options can be updated later.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

well, you actually have to select the positive sections you ~do want, which is a lil' tedious and error-prone.

I'm too lazy for screenshots, but activity->my activity streams->(big orange button)create new stream->under 'content types' select 'topics' and hit the gear that shows up when its selected->in the 'narrow by forum' box check ~all of the different forums you want to be updated on.

the 'content types' a stream is following don't seem to be modifiable after you create the stream, but all the other options can be updated later.

Saving bookmarks so I can try it on a PC!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 3:01 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Not gonna be renting from xx xxx?

it's reported several times, it's violating the guidelines, but seems allowed for "some"  
The threads are, or were, to be bumped if things in the offered rentals changed, but they don't even post rentals, it's just blunt advertising violations.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's reported several times, it's violating the guidelines, but seems allowed for "some"  
The threads are, or were, to be bumped if things in the offered rentals changed, but they don't even post rentals, it's just blunt advertising violations.

Thread-bumps that are just "." aren't ok?

I suspected but..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thread-bumps that are just "." aren't ok?

I suspected but..

Actually the new guidelines explicitly allow bumping Q_Q

Spam/Bumping Guidelines: 
Please be mindful of how often you are posting content of the same variety on the Forums. There are very few instances where the same Thread can be posted in multiple Forums and posts should remain in their appropriate section. 

If you would like to “bump” a thread, please restrict bumping to once per 24 hour period and no more than three times per week. 

^^ from the "wanted: homestead" section. That's also in the guidelines linked from most of the new stickies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.