businesses not working

stoney Engineer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Just now, stoney Engineer said:

I purchase a dozen or so business in sl and none work any longer, can this be fixed?

Please clarify what you mean.  How did you purchase a business in SL (or a dozen of them)?  Are you referring to in-world shops?  Or to franchise vendors, maybe?  Have to communicated with whoever sold them to you?

13 minutes ago, stoney Engineer said:

I purchase a dozen or so business in sl and none work any longer, can this be fixed?

"none work any longer" implies that they did at one time.  How long ago did they work?  You might be dealing with an old vendor system that just no longer works in SL.

Ah, OK.  All you can do is keep trying, and be patient. Most SL residents log in at irregular times, and they do not necessarily have their IM's forwarded to external e-mail, so it's not uncommon for them to miss important notes.  It's also possible, of course, that the merchant is ill, on vacation, or simply inattentive.  In any case, this falls into the broad category of what LL calls "disputes between residents", which means that it's up to you and the merchant to work it out between you.  LL does not intervene (and probably can't do anything about "fixing" your businesses).

I still see a business of one i have, just wont load up, tryed the rest and nothing, brought them 12yrs ago, and yes they were working, i brought them remember,  so if course they worked,  one of them v twins biker outfitters, another Inedit, they were not cheap

Ah, 12 years is a very long time, as SL goes. It's hard to tell anything about how those  scripts work without seeing them, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they depend on communicating with some external server that is no longer on line. The merchant may have left SL ages ago too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.