Sellers of Buildings Please Include Footprint Size!

Crim Mip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the title says, If you're selling buildings/structures, for crying out loud include the actual rezzed footprint size in your listing (including height). It doesn't matter if it's mod and that can change. Knowing where it's starting from will still let people know if it's likely to work for them. It should go without saying that the LI as rezzed should also be listed. That means for everything that rezzes even if some are removable accessories. I shouldn't have to go to an inworld store and either estimate the size or (when rezzing is allowed) put down a prim edit and get the size that way.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

As the title says, If you're selling buildings/structures, for crying out loud include the actual rezzed footprint size in your listing (including height). It doesn't matter if it's mod and that can change. Knowing where it's starting from will still let people know if it's likely to work for them. It should go without saying that the LI as rezzed should also be listed. That means for everything that rezzes even if some are removable accessories. I shouldn't have to go to an inworld store and either estimate the size or (when rezzing is allowed) put down a prim edit and get the size that way.

Unless I truly, truly love something, I don't bother with those sellers anymore.  There are plenty of places to buy buildings and most of them give you the required info in the MP listing and on the ad image inworld.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

I shouldn't have to go to an inworld store and either estimate the size or (when rezzing is allowed) put down a prim edit and get the size that way.

Wearing a prim and standing in the middle of a building while trying to resize it to match the footprint and not getting banned for grief is SL culture.

If store owners gave footprints, this core part of the experience would be lost forever and SL would die as prims would finally have no purpose at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

One or two of the major builders I like finally include a correctly sized base that matches the final house base size when you rezz the rezzer on the ground, allowing you to better move and position the final placement of the building, rather than just a .5x.5x.5 cube or box. I appreciate that a lot. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.