What is currently the best cat avatar in SL?

AlexJade64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope this is the right forum section.

I do not know if I will be able to get the advice I need, but I might as well try.

I would like to have a cat avatar. Not a neko, not a furry, not some half cat half human avatar. I want literally just a cat.

The best one on the market seems to be this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Nuko-Avatar/6224126

The problem is that it apparently got broken with some update over a year ago, and since the creator is not active on SL anymore, it wont be getting a fix.

Anyone knows about some good cat avi that can be modified? I want something like those companions from Jian, except I do not want it as a companion, but as an avatar. And textures being modifiable is a must.

• Like 2

I've posted this before, but Appy Bottoms has made a mod that rehauls the TWI Fox into a housecat. It's modify, of course, since you need to mod the base TWI Fox extensively to set it up anyways.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AppyBottoms-TWIFox-KittyKitty/23343334

It has all the modification abilities that the standard TWI avatars would be expected to have, and the creator has made many add-on cat skins and tails. And collars. And whiskers. 

Take a gander at the skins and add-ons, there's a good variety. And if you don't like any of them you can just make your own textures. It takes the old UV for the Fox, so if you work on those as a base and make some tweaks you should be good to go in the skin process. Some standard non-cat TWI Fox textures might work out of the gate, alongside animations, but your mileage may vary on that.

:AppyBottoms: TWIFoxKitty -Salem Pelt

Edited by cariboustag
Typos.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cariboustag said:

I've posted this before, but Appy Bottoms has made a mod that rehauls the TWI Fox into a housecat. It's modify, of course, since you need to mod the base TWI Fox extensively to set it up anyways.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AppyBottoms-TWIFox-KittyKitty/23343334

It has all the modification abilities that the standard TWI avatars would be expected to have, and the creator has made many add-on cat skins and tails. And collars. And whiskers. 

Take a gander at the skins and add-ons, there's a good variety. And if you don't like any of them you can just make your own textures. Some standard non-cat TWI Fox textures might work out of the gate, alongside animations, but your mileage may vary on that.

:AppyBottoms: TWIFoxKitty -Salem Pelt

That looks interesting, but damn. Pretty pricey to set up o.o That is like 6500+ lindens. Do you by any chance have it? :o I would definitely need to see this inworld first before investing that much :D

23 minutes ago, AlexJade64 said:

That looks interesting, but damn. Pretty pricey to set up o.o That is like 6500+ lindens. Do you by any chance have it? :o I would definitely need to see this inworld first before investing that much :D

Personally? No, as I only work on the TWI Wolf currently. If you IM the creator, or send her a notecard, I'm certain she'd be happy to demo it for you. Or sneak around the Timber Wilds sim and odds are someone will have it. I've seen others wearing it, and sadly I don't think there's anything else that comes close nowadays. Maneki Neko is cute, but certainly not real looking.

Edited by cariboustag
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cariboustag said:

Personally? No, as I only work on the TWI Wolf currently. If you IM the creator, or send her a notecard, I'm certain she'd be happy to demo it for you. Or sneak around the Timber Wilds sim and odds are someone will have it. I've seen others wearing it, and sadly I don't think there's anything else that comes close nowadays. Maneki Neko is cute, but certainly not real looking.

Yea, someone else suggested that one to me (in other place), but Maneki is not what I am looking for. What you suggested though looks perfect. Thanks! I will ask around and try to see it in-world :D

I have two cat avatars, but prefer my Maneki Neko Abby look, despite it being slightly cartoonish. The AO is great.

My other one is a Zooby Calico, but the animation controls on it are all but useless. The SEMotions ones I found even more cartoonish than the Maneki Neko ones.

I'd love to see Rezz Room create a cat avatar to actually be an avatar, not just a pet.

(The TWI mod is too much work. I love my TWI deer, lion (cheetah skinned), and wolf avatars, but have no desire or skills to edit/mod the wolf as much as is needed to create a cat.)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3

I love my TWI wolf. I think they make wonderful animal avatars, especially with all the mods available inworld and on MP. I'd consider getting that cat mod with their fox avatar. The price is similar to getting a mesh body and head for a human avatar, but if you plan to be in animal form most of the time, you won't need to spend much money on skin, hair and clothes. I wish there were more furniture for animals though. My wolf has a blanket she can sit on with a human friend and a wash tub for bathing her, but that's about it. I don't want any animations for mating or fighting.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

TWI Lions are ok. (Lions are cats. Big cats.)

TWI has a small wolf, which Tasha is currently using because it makes her the same size relative to human avatars as my RL wolf-dog was (German shepherd size). I wouldn't be surprised if they'd make a smaller cat size for bobcats or domestic cats. That would come in handy for wild cats that are young and not yet full-sized as well.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

TWI has a small wolf, which Tasha is currently using because it makes her the same size relative to human avatars as my RL wolf-dog was (German shepherd size). I wouldn't be surprised if they'd make a smaller cat size for bobcats or domestic cats. That would come in handy for wild cats that are young and not yet full-sized as well.

I can't remember if it's the TWI (lion) that had the "lift leg and pee (particles)" animation. "Attack" isn't that unusual though. 
Do many cat avatars have "attack"? You know, like in the videos where it bites the guy on the face all the time. They should have that.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2022 at 4:30 AM, AlexJade64 said:

I hope this is the right forum section.

I do not know if I will be able to get the advice I need, but I might as well try.

I would like to have a cat avatar. Not a neko, not a furry, not some half cat half human avatar. I want literally just a cat.

The best one on the market seems to be this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Nuko-Avatar/6224126

The problem is that it apparently got broken with some update over a year ago, and since the creator is not active on SL anymore, it wont be getting a fix.

Anyone knows about some good cat avi that can be modified? I want something like those companions from Jian, except I do not want it as a companion, but as an avatar. And textures being modifiable is a must.

They now have a new cat avatar, and it's the best I've seeeenn~~ It's the Twi Wild Cat, and in the store they even have 5 different sizes available ~! I flippin' live it and am now unsure I'll ever be anything else again~~

• Like 3

On 6/15/2022 at 4:30 PM, Myntz Mysterious said:

I have the TWI Fox which I love! I bought it with the intention of turning it into a cat, but have yet to take that second plunge to buy the mod LOL! I also have the Bird-E-Mart Griffin which I love as well! ❤️

Twi came out with their own cat avi, no mod necessary ~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Absolutely amazing btw. My fave cat avatar, all the rest I've simply retired.

I second this. I have long been looking for a decent cat avatar. The TWI Wildcat Avi is adorable, has got cool animations and you can customize it quite a bit. And now I can occasionally be seen dashing around the grid as a little purple cat with a fur made out of stars. Because why not.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Zooby's Mesh Cat Avatar.

Fact: They were the very first full mesh avatars made for SL.

Would you happen to know what the mesh creation date is for the Zooby Cat 1.0?

I have yet to see anyone wearing less than 2.0.

I do see a lot of other obscure brand mesh avatars created before that, though.

4 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:
47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Did anyone ask the Bellisserian Cat?

There are more than one of us (cats) who wander around Belli, you know :)

Of course! I was referring to whichever Belli Cat that started the thread by the same name.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Would you happen to know what the mesh creation date is for the Zooby Cat 1.0?

I have yet to see anyone wearing less than 2.0.

I do see a lot of other obscure brand mesh avatars created before that, though.

@Lucia Nightfire

Mine appears to have been created between May and September of 2011.  Mesh first went online in SL on 23rd August 2011.

I bought my Zooby Mesh Cat Avatar on 16th September 2011, so it's a very early one and does not have a version number such as v1.0 or v2.0.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.