Looking for advice on sim design for a homestead Tudor sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Susanna Valeska said:

I know how to terraform, but I need some ideas on a layout for a Tudor era roleplay sim...

How about the standard late medieval single road village? A straight north-to-south dirtroad lined with dirt cottages with tatched roofs and fairly big backyards for the inhabitants to grow their vegetables and keep their livestock. A church at the southern end of the road, a junction to a highway at the north. Surrounded by forest and/or fields. Maybe you can find room for a castle for the Lord of the land to live in as well. Replace the dirt cottages with timberframe ones if you want a posher look.

This classic layout was still very much in use on the English countryside during the 16th century and it's amazingly simple to make and very flexible.

4 hours ago, Susanna Valeska said:

... that's only a homestead, so not a lot of prims to work with.

That's just as well. If you can't fill up a whole sim with 3000 prims (and still have no issues with collapsed LOD models) you've bought the wrong stuff. Anything more than that is likely to cause lag issues for many users anyway and lag is one of the role player's worst enemies (along with godmodding and metaplaying).

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Tudor villages were fairly simple in layout. Here's a pretty great overview of what they'd look like https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Exeter,_1563.jpg 

If you have a small area to work with I suggest going with a small inn, a small church, a few connected houses, and a market. Villages were focused around trade so you'd have at least a shop or two and smithy. It's your standard tabletop and/or video game rpg town. I would look for buildings that are simple fronts with no interiors save for maybe the church and inn. The majority of social interaction had to do with peoples business, leisure, and faith. I'd honestly suggest this megapack as it comes with pretty much everything you'd need to make your own village. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Medieval-MEGA-Package/585007 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.