Open Chat logs

Rafe Allardyce

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello Rafe. In Community Guidelines is reported that:

Personal Information: Sharing someone else’s personal information—of any kind—is not allowed. Disclosing another Resident’s real-world identity, contact information, or the text of interpersonal communications (chat, email, IM) is not allowed.

Also:

Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life.

I don't see somewhere that it is forbidden to share public conversations although you can avoid it. If you want to ask for an advice you can do it without sharing chat logs, editing your post (Options --> Edit)

Be sure also that you have read all about privacy rights at the following page: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Residents%27_privacy_rights

From the Privacy Policy that LoveAngel linked to:

Disclosing private Second Life conversations

Sharing or posting a conversation inworld or in the Second Life forums without consent of all involved Residents is a violation of the Terms of Service.

NOTE: This does not include posting of chat to social media sites or other websites. Posting such logs on web pages, emailing them, or printing them out and posting them on utility poles in the "real world" -- are all actions beyond the scope of the Second Life Terms of Service. ; while that might be illegal, but those laws must be enforced by the proper law enforcement agencies.

"Conversation" means text that originally came from Second Life chat or Second Life instant messages. If it's totally unattributed, then it isn't considered disclosure. Additionally, Residents are not punished for sharing or posting a comment such as "Bob Resident said, 'You're the greatest!'"

Someone offended and upset me in local chat and I simply wanted to copy and paste the local chat conversation which we had to the sim owner, who would then have adjudicated. If I report a version of the conversation in my own words, that could well be seen as a biased interpretation so all I want to do is submit the entire conversation, as it happened, in LOCAL, to the sim owner. The other person said she would not allow me to - my interpretation of that is that she knows she was in the wrong and she was being very rude and offensive. It seems odd that SL rules seem to conspire to hide the truth of events.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.