Where do I find support from SL?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

How are y’all keeping track of my topics? Why does it matter if I start new topics?

Hehe ... The only way I've been able to keep track is by going to your profile to see where another question might have popped up.  ;)

Seriously, there really is a good reason for sticking to as few simultaneous threads as possible.  Very often, especially if the questions are related -- as some of yours were -- people answering in one thread may not know that someone else has already given almost the same answer in another one, or that the details provided in one thread might be relevant in another one. You may not have intended it, but you're wasting their time, so they get annoyed instead of trying to be helpful.  The most effective (and polite) strategy is to open a single thread, give it a title that bridges several of your questions ("Startup Questions from a New Frustrated Landowner" maybe) and then ask all the related questions there.

• Like 3

What the hell does this have to do with CREATION?

And would you stop opening up a new thread for each new whine?   You can add comments to your existing threads.

As to SUPPORT links:
Bottom of the page:  Connect With Us  /  Support:
image.png.fd96769cc5da0a6e3515092a90f909ee.png

AND on the side of all forum pages except individual threads:

image.png.6d2fbfb6db0057d42b94440f461d21ec.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I cannot find any links. I cannot find where to talk to someone.

If you look for support for your region ... you'r in most cases on your own. That''s one of the biggest freedom perks of a region owner. Only things under the hood of the region working itself als meant  ( and that is only perform and being there up and running) is for LL. All the rest is for you now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

What the hell does this have to do with CREATION?

And would you stop opening up a new thread for each new whine?   You can add comments to your existing threads.

As to SUPPORT links:
Bottom of the page:  Connect With Us  /  Support:
image.png.fd96769cc5da0a6e3515092a90f909ee.png

AND on the side of all forum pages except individual threads:

image.png.6d2fbfb6db0057d42b94440f461d21ec.png

My way seems to be working. I’m getting answers. See? Thanks for the info.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, animats said:

I'd suggest continuing this in the original topic:

How are y’all keeping track of my topics? Why does it matter if I start new topics? This all becomes archival. I have looked up questions and found my own answers. 12 years is a long time to be invested in a “game”. If I have a question answer or don’t. Not for me but for those who don’t even know what to ask. Peace.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Hehe ... The only way I've been able to keep track is by going to your profile to see where another question might have popped up.  ;)

Seriously, there really is a good reason for sticking to as few simultaneous threads as possible.  Very often, especially if the questions are related -- as some of yours were -- people answering in one thread may not know that someone else has already given almost the same answer in another one, or that the details provided in one thread might be relevant in another one. You may not have intended it, but you're wasting their time, so they get annoyed instead of trying to be helpful.  The most effective (and polite) strategy is to open a single thread, give it a title that bridges several of your questions ("Startup Questions from a New Frustrated Landowner" maybe) and then ask all the related questions there.

I’m sorry. Thank you very much for the explanation. I was posting questions as they came to me. I was actually very frustrated. I thought that as an Avatar who has existed this long I should be able to navigate myself. It angered me because I kept thinking, if this were my first experiences with SL I definitely would not come back. Then that made me sad because if people don’t stay then what?

Anyways, sorry I was crazy. I’ll do more research before pestering us. Sorry.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.