why is it that i can see scripts?

Jonezy Zane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

What exactly do you mean by 'able to see' or 'invisible'?

There is not really a thing like 'invisible' in SL - usually it's just the alpha value set to 0. But you can still see such items using several tools that SL offers - the most obvious being 'Highlight transparent'.

As for script, once you see an object, you can look inside the inventory and see that there are scripts. Whether you actually can look at the codwe is a matter of permissions.

You must have ticked the 'Highlight Transparent' option under View or clicked Ctl-Alt-T.  That is the only way you can 'see' hidden objects in SL.  To stop, just do the reverse.  Untick the Highlight Transparent option under view or click Ctl-Alt-T.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you can "see" a script.  A script is a set of instructions for a computer.  If it is in world, it has to be in the contents of an object. Otherwise, it's in your inventory. To "see" a script in SL, you have to open it with your editor, the way that you open a notecard. In fact, a script in SL is very much like a notecard -- one that is designed to be read by SL's servers.

Do you mean "Why can I see inventory of items when I click EDIT?"

If so, then everything in SL can be looked into.  Nothing stops you from examining anything.  But people making items to sell usually lock down the scripts and text files within the items to prevent copying or damaging the product.  You can still see they are there, but you cannot look into them.  And some stuff isn't secured at all, since the scripts are public knowledge and there's no point in doing so.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.