Is there a head either Lelutka or CATWA HDPro that would be a good replacement for the Catya.

1kristenswan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am starting to look at whether I change from the Catya (Catwa) head to either a Lelutka or HDPro but looking at Demos so far I am struggling to see which would be similar or as close as possible.  I really do not want a brand new face I want to match as close to what I have now.  Is anyone able to advise if they have made the change.

The reason I like the Catya is that I was really able to make a lot of mods to the structure to get it very precise and I do not adjust my face much ever but some of the others dont seem so easy. 

THanks for your help

• Like 2

I personally wear the Queen HDPro as my regular head and occasionally wear a few Lelutka Evos. I also demo them a lot. Shaping a Lel head IMO is not quite like shaping a Catwa at all. There are parts I expect to move and turn and rotate in certain ways that simply don't. I personally find Catwas more pleasant to work with and shape for that reason. But it's up to you, of course! Lel has many different heads you can get a similar look with. Howeeeverrr....

If you're starting with Catya and want a very similar-looking upgrade, take a look at MajerSoft. With a good skin, I can see that working quite well. 

With MajerSoft, you'll get a similar nose and mouth to Catya. I'll post examples below. The last one's not a Flickr link as I couldn't get it to embed properly, grr. I'll add the actual link to her Flickr post so you can see the credits below the photo.

CATWA HDPRO MajerEdged, & MajerSoft

Catya:

Li Shape for Catwa Catya

MajerSoft:

51290709330_33bfaa57a1_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123725825@N08/51290709330/

• Like 5

Also consider what skin you want to wear.  Almost all the newer skins I see are for Lelutka although I do see some for the newer Catwa heads.  I've always gone with, find a skin you love and use the head that goes with it.  It's easy to get demo heads for both Lelutka and Catwa then go out trying skins.

• Like 2

I was reading in Catwa group chat one day...I use the Catwa Catya as well...and one of the mods made mention that the HDPRO Catwa head Sasa is the comparable to Catya.  I have the DEMO of Sasa, just haven't had the need to try it out yet.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

Have you considered looking at Ak-ADVX

[AK ADVX] - Vittoria Head

Since Akeruka has given $L1 group gift heads in June & December in the past, it's likely they may do this again. I suggest joining the group now while it's free. They might even give away one each (male & female) of their new EvoX compatible heads, since this is the new thing they're marketing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I suggest joining the group now while it's free.

Can you post the group's SLURL? The one I have shows me their normal 150LS joining fee. And now I am worried that AK made a new group and I somehow missed the announcement.

28 minutes ago, June Starlight said:

Can you post the group's SLURL? The one I have shows me their normal 150LS joining fee. And now I am worried that AK made a new group and I somehow missed the announcement.

[AK] Heads News & Support is the one I've always gotten my freebies and notices from. And yes, it's L$150L currently to join. They do a lot of 50% off sales and promos, but I'm not seeing anything in recent notices about a free group join period. I'll check again and update if I find anything.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

[AK] Heads News & Support is the one I've always gotten my freebies and notices from. And yes, it's L$150L currently to join. They do a lot of 50% off sales and promos, but I'm not seeing anything in recent notices about a free group join period. I'll check again and update if I find anything.

Sorry, about that. I thought it was free, but was wrong.

• Like 2

I have Catwa Catyaa,, Freya and Queen HD Pro and Lelutka Avalon, Kaya and LIlly. I am now wearing Lelutka Avalon. But of cou5rse it is the shape that wil get it to look like that Datya. Also try the GENUS Project - Genus Head - Strong Face it is a free gift if your in the group and a very nice head. Main thing if your buying one is DEMOP DEMO DEMO. Good luck!

• Like 1

I recently updated from a Lelutka Chloe head to the Lelutka Avalon Evox head and absolutely love it. I tried several of the heads and edited my appearance on the demo to see which I could get close to the look I had and the Avalon did that for me. I would really suggest trying all the demos for ones close to the look you want and see if you can tweak it to perfect it. With a little fine tuning, you can really make any of them work for you I think.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Sorry, about that. I thought it was free, but was wrong.

Pssst! Group is still not free, but they announced a new giveaway just as you predicted! 1L male and female AdvX heads (WILL work with Evo X skins, yippie!).

I don't even know why I'm telling y'all this as I haven't managed to get in yet and certainly don't want to drive more traffic there before I do, but it's available until June 30th, so no worries! 😄

Pardon my lazy screenshot. I just put the group images side by side.

03981b18991d13f9bb197c94d1732ee3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Pssst! Group is still not free, but they announced a new giveaway just as you predicted! 1L male and female AdvX heads (WILL work with Evo X skins, yippie!).

I don't even know why I'm telling y'all this as I haven't managed to get in yet and certainly don't want to drive more traffic there before I do, but it's available until June 30th, so no worries! 😄

Pardon my lazy screenshot. I just put the group images side by side.

03981b18991d13f9bb197c94d1732ee3.jpg

Those are pretty heads. I'll have to grab them even if I don't use them myself. That female one might look good on Alycia though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Those are pretty heads. I'll have to grab them even if I don't use them myself. That female one might look good on Alycia though.

They really are!

I just snuck in and grabbed em. There didn't seem to be any vendor delay, even without hiding everyone, so now might be a good time to try.

• Like 1

I went from the Catya to the HD Pro at first about a year ago and was happy except for one issue, the chin is still too far from the neck unless you bring your face so far in it looks pushed in, with the head length setting, I just couldn't get past this. This was also a concern of mine with the old Catya head. I jumped on the Lelutka EVO X bandwagon and am much happier all around. Not to knock Catwa heads, I used them for a long time and the HD Pro was a nice upgrade from Catya, with the exception of the chin/neck distance issue.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 7:46 AM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I personally wear the Queen HDPro as my regular head and occasionally wear a few Lelutka Evos. I also demo them a lot. Shaping a Lel head IMO is not quite like shaping a Catwa at all. There are parts I expect to move and turn and rotate in certain ways that simply don't. I personally find Catwas more pleasant to work with and shape for that reason. But it's up to you, of course! Lel has many different heads you can get a similar look with. Howeeeverrr....

If you're starting with Catya and want a very similar-looking upgrade, take a look at MajerSoft. With a good skin, I can see that working quite well. 

With MajerSoft, you'll get a similar nose and mouth to Catya. I'll post examples below. The last one's not a Flickr link as I couldn't get it to embed properly, grr. I'll add the actual link to her Flickr post so you can see the credits below the photo.

CATWA HDPRO MajerEdged, & MajerSoft

Catya:

Li Shape for Catwa Catya

MajerSoft:

51290709330_33bfaa57a1_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123725825@N08/51290709330/

I deeply miss Catya so, so much, but I wanted to use new makeups and hair that wasn’t fitting right on that old head so I switched to lelutka evox (though I’m using the evo part only) and I’ve never enjoyed SL really since. The top pic of that head is close to how I used to look and still want to while staying current but it’s next to impossible to find those cleaner skins with those nice eyebrows that aren’t a bushy mess on the right head, believe me I’ve tried, tooo much. I gave a folder dedicated to 8 evo x heads that consists of 168,000 elements of me trying new skins or shapes with and I just can’t achieve it enough to end the struggle. I see people sugggest Avalon but the eyes are limited to what I did with catya and the way the nose sits against the forehead is not correct. Plus finding a detailed skin with the right brows together has never been something I can do.  There’s several boxes that need to be checked off. I wish I could do it so I could enjoy SL again. I’m at the point I’m making armor to hide everything because I have nothing that resembles me right really.

Edited by Madeline Mysterious

3 hours ago, Madeline Mysterious said:

I deeply miss Catya so, so much, but I wanted to use new makeups and hair that wasn’t fitting right on that old head so I switched to lelutka evox (though I’m using the evo part only) and I’ve never enjoyed SL really since. The top pic of that head is close to how I used to look and still want to while staying current but it’s next to impossible to find those cleaner skins with those nice eyebrows that aren’t a bushy mess on the right head, believe me I’ve tried, tooo much. I gave a folder dedicated to 8 evo x heads that consists of 168,000 elements of me trying new skins or shapes with and I just can’t achieve it enough to end the struggle. I see people sugggest Avalon but the eyes are limited to what I did with catya and the way the nose sits against the forehead is not correct. Plus finding a detailed skin with the right brows together has never been something I can do.  There’s several boxes that need to be checked off. I wish I could do it so I could enjoy SL again. I’m at the point I’m making armor to hide everything because I have nothing that resembles me right really.

I don't miss Catya at all as I am still wearing her bawahahahahaha.  Though I have a few freebie heads from Genus, and from LeLutka, and Catwa, I never have used them. I still prefer my Catya, hands down.  I don't care one whip about being "current", or having the newest "thing."  I care about how comfortable I am in my look.  It took me a long time to get the look I was going for, tweaking this slider and that one, and I am not about to change.  Preferring a classic look, I am not that much into makeup, but I have a good selection that will see me through until the doors are closed on SL.  I am not interested in the new HD stuff that is out there.  BOM makeup?  I have some, but there again I rarely use them as I don't have much control over the intensity.  I am of the mindset that less is more.  Hair?  If I have issues, I have shapes where I have done minor, and I do mean minor adjustments so hair fits properly.  

My advice to you?  If you miss your Catya so much, then go back to using her.   Who gives a flying flip what anybody else thinks, or trying to keep up with the current "new thing"?  That gets to be so tiresome.  Secondlife is a place where we can be anything we want to be, and if wearing your Catya makes you happy, then wear her.  You'll enjoy your secondlife so much more.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I don't miss Catya at all as I am still wearing her bawahahahahaha.  Though I have a few freebie heads from Genus, and from LeLutka, and Catwa, I never have used them. I still prefer my Catya, hands down.  I don't care one whip about being "current", or having the newest "thing."  I care about how comfortable I am in my look.  It took me a long time to get the look I was going for, tweaking this slider and that one, and I am not about to change.  Preferring a classic look, I am not that much into makeup, but I have a good selection that will see me through until the doors are closed on SL.  I am not interested in the new HD stuff that is out there.  BOM makeup?  I have some, but there again I rarely use them as I don't have much control over the intensity.  I am of the mindset that less is more.  Hair?  If I have issues, I have shapes where I have done minor, and I do mean minor adjustments so hair fits properly.  

My advice to you?  If you miss your Catya so much, then go back to using her.   Who gives a flying flip what anybody else thinks, or trying to keep up with the current "new thing"?  That gets to be so tiresome.  Secondlife is a place where we can be anything we want to be, and if wearing your Catya makes you happy, then wear her.  You'll enjoy your secondlife so much more.

Some of if not most of my favorite hair didn’t fit well and as someone into makeup nothing new was released for it. I don’t like lelutka at all or admire their heads much but it is what it is I guess. Maybe eventually I’ll stumble into the 00000000.001 combination  of head and skins I like. It’s been years though.  It’s funny though in that pic of catya that skin looks better than half of the evox skins I’ve demo’d  in that massive  folder of stuff. I wish someone made nice shaped brows that weren’t super close together or looked obvious mismatches on most skins I’ve tried. I think fleur was almost the closest but the nose seems super emphasized unless you make it abnormally small.

If you can't find anything else that makes you happy, then stay with what works..

I had Catya back when i was bouncing through a couple of other heads trying to figure which one I could get to work, but was never truly happy.. I think i was bouncing from Logo to LAQ to Catya, then back to one or the other trying to get something to work and it all felt very forced..

When the Genus beta came along and I tried it, I got this tingle up the back of my neck and I just knew  it.. The bad thing was, I had demoed the head and was going to go and get the beta.. But before I could go back and get the beta, they had closed the beta for what felt like 6 months.. hehehe

I literally missed it by that much! So I had to wait until the second beta, but I waited.. I fell in love with the classic and the babyface and thought they were the best thing since ice water, even though you had to troubleshoot a lot of things..

Then down the road Lelutka was giving away The Lilly head, which everyone was like  free head!!\o/  I went and got one because it was free, but still a genus loyalist and only getting it because it was free and figured why not..

Soon as i put that head on , I fell in love with it and really haven't changed since  it came out..

I think if you try and force things when you are happy already, you'll never truly be happy..

For me these kind of changes have really only ever felt right when they have came to me rather than me forcing them.

But that's me and how things work right for me.. I'm sure it's not an across the board thing.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you can't find anything else that makes you happy, then stay with what works..

I had Catya back when i was bouncing through a couple of other heads trying to figure which one I could get to work, but was never truly happy.. I think i was bouncing from Logo to LAQ to Catya, then back to one or the other trying to get something to work and it all felt very forced..

When the Genus beta came along and I tried it, I got this tingle up the back of my neck and I just knew  it.. The bad thing was, I had demoed the head and was going to go and get the beta.. But before I could go back and get the beta, they had closed the beta for what felt like 6 months.. hehehe

I literally missed it by that much! So I had to wait until the second beta, but I waited.. I fell in love with the classic and the babyface and thought they were the best thing since ice water, even though you had to troubleshoot a lot of things..

Then down the road Lelutka was giving away The Lilly head, which everyone was like  free head!!\o/  I went and got one because it was free, but still a genus loyalist and only getting it because it was free and figured why not..

Soon as i put that head on , I fell in love with it and really haven't changed since  it came out..

I think if you try and force things when you are happy already, you'll never truly be happy..

For me these kind of changes have really only ever felt right when they have came to me rather than me forcing them.

But that's me and how things work right for me.. I'm sure it's not an across the board thing.. hehehehe

You make perfect sense Cheka. Probably the most sense anyone ever has made to me in forever. Coincidentally I use  Lilly too but I never can find the exact eyebrows, skin and nose combo I like, plus eyelids though that last one is easier to obtain then the nose and eyebrows. I also found that the cheeks and chin don’t work well for shading and 90% of the skins people make, and make them for Avalon is what they seem to do. I’ve also been stuck on the evo skin option since nothing has worked for/with evox for me, yet my biggest mission has been to find an evox skin I like, almost my immediate task each night I log into SL besides making something to completely hide my avatar. This is no exaggeration, but I’ve lost nearly all my friends because of this insane captain ahab, near monomaniacal skin/head quest I am on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madeline Mysterious said:

You make perfect sense Cheka. Probably the most sense anyone ever has made to me in forever. Coincidentally I use  Lilly too but I never can find the exact eyebrows, skin and nose combo I like, plus eyelids though that last one is easier to obtain then the nose and eyebrows. I also found that the cheeks and chin don’t work well for shading and 90% of the skins people make, and make them for Avalon is what they seem to do. I’ve also been stuck on the evo skin option since nothing has worked for/with evox for me, yet my biggest mission has been to find an evox skin I like, almost my immediate task each night I log into SL besides making something to completely hide my avatar. This is no exaggeration, but I’ve lost nearly all my friends because of this insane captain ahab, near monomaniacal skin/head quest I am on.

I just seen a nice Evo x skin on the saturday sale that, if you haven't tried it maybe see if it works.. It's a really pretty skin.. It's too light for my tones I like, but there may be  one for you.. the fatpack is only 60Ls too if you do end up liking it..

also if you are having problems with the nose, like if it is with the tip or something.. Izzie's has the button nose which is really nice.. some skins I really like , but the nose won't look right around the nostrils and the tip and that fixes them up most of the time right away. 

Here is that skin I was talking about, it's from pumec and it's really adorable I think. :)

If you need help finding stuff girl, that's what we are here for! \o/  hehehehe

ETA: I'll tell you what.. If you have an idea of what you are looking for  and have a pic of the look you are going for, you can send me a screenshot inworld if you want and I'll put on my hunting clothes and see what I can find.. I love hunting  things out on the grid, as long as I know what I'm hunting for..  hehehehe

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rave/124/130/22

Pumec.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.