How to acwuire more land outside of auctions?

76PlayerBaller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I first joined secondlife, I aquired a home in the SHIBRY region. My question is...how do I acquire another property there outside of an auction? My single home is not very good because of the number of prims and I am looking to ad more prim space. Thanks for any help!

2 answers to this question

The Shibry region is one of the first generation Linden Homes regions, so the parcels are only 512 sq.m., which as you know limits the prim count to only 175. The bad news is that you can't really add land in the same region (because it's a Linden Homes region), but the good news is that, as a Premium member, you can upgrade from that for free to a newer 1024 sq.m. home with twice the prim allotment, on one of the many regions that make up the "Bellisseria" continent. Another option is to buy your own Mainland elsewhere, either purchasing from another resident or, as you mention, at auction from Linden Lab (which will be parcels abandoned by some other resident—or if you find abandoned land you want to buy you can submit a support ticket and the Lab may agree to sell it to you for L$1 per sq.m. or bring that specific parcel to auction).

Either way, you'll need to pack up your stuff from Shibry, abandon that parcel, and move everything to the new location. Here are some instructions for abandoning a Linden Home. Here's how you'd go about choosing a new Linden Home (be careful to choose one of the 1024 sq.m. styles). And here's some basic info about finding and buying other, non-Linden Home land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.