Mesh Information showing 1 triangle on all LOD models / model disappearing with distance

arisaie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My uploaded mesh shows it consists of 1 triangle on all LOD models when I view the details in object menu.

But when I click through all LODs in the menu below the mesh information, they are all there. I did not upload my mesh with 1 triangles in LODs.

Is this something to worry about or is it just visual bug?

Sometimes when I zoom far out my mesh disappears (its not view distance, it happens even when I can see myself in max view distance), could this be related to the 1 triangle in mesh information?

The LODs change properly from LOD3 to LOD0 but when I zoom far far out, my mesh disappears. 

Im using firestorm.

uploo.png

Edited by arisaie

• arisaie changed the title to Mesh Information showing 1 triangle on all LOD models / model disappearing with distance

I don't use Firestorm, so I'm not 100 % certain that this is true, but I think that display shows the num triangles for the root prim when a linkset is selected. To see the links triangles Edit linked would have to be used. So, is it possible that there is a single triangle as the root?

The disappearing part is not uncommon for small objects. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, arton Rotaru said:

I don't use Firestorm, so I'm not 100 % certain that this is true, but I think that display shows the num triangles for the root prim when a linkset is selected. To see the links triangles Edit linked would have to be used. So, is it possible that there is a single triangle as the root?

The disappearing part is not uncommon for small objects. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

It is a linkset and the root prim is indeed a single triangle. So that's why!

I thought I uploaded something wrong.

I'll take your word for the disappearing objects. Last three days when I was testing my mesh it wasn't disappearing at all. It's the same object, not reupload. So it's (hopefully) not my fault ..

20 hours ago, arisaie said:

The LODs change properly from LOD3 to LOD0 but when I zoom far far out, my mesh disappears.

If the mesh is changing appearance properly from LOD1 to LOD0 at one distance, and then disappearing at a different distance even farther than that, then it doesn't sound like a LOD or mesh problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.