my "E" key on my keyboard stopped to work for me to jump.How can I make it work again for me to jump

Markella Orchid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my "E" key on my keyboard stopped to work for me to jump.How can I make it work again 

thank you both of you for your answer..I have tried your soloutions but nothing works.....I use pg up for now but is not easy for me when I am rp fighting, smiles.

The strange thing is tha if I log in with another avatar I can use did.......how weird

11 answers to this question

I don't think you can disable the function, so it may be that your keyboard need some attention. Check if something has become stuck underneath the key. Otherwise, try a different keyboard and see if you can use the 'e' key then. Perhaps the keyboard needs changing?

- Luc -

If it works with one avatar and not another, and you are in the same viewer, using the same keyboard, then it is something about that avatar that makes you unable to use the 'e' the way you wish.  Does that avatar have an AO that may conflict with the use of 'e'?  Try disabling the AO and then using 'e'. 

• Like 1

Hmmmm.. I have been in SL for over 4 years and have never used the "E" key to jump. (Actually, I rarely jump anyway. :smileytongue: )  To make the "E" key work like that, you have to have your chat window closed, which is a real pain because then you can't talk.  That's why they let the PgUp key do the same thing. 

• Like 1

Since the problem affect only one of your accounts, I suggest you (re)move the folder containing all files specific to that account. The folder should be somewhere along this path, and has your avatar name as the folder name:

• Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\SecondLife\

• Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\

• Mac OSX: Users/Username/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/

This folder contains your chat and im logs, so you may want to keep these around.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.