Menswear Master Thread

Karl Herber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

By request, and since no-one else has done one yet - here's a thread for menswear - the stuff we're looking for and, hopefully, sorces where we can get it.

I'll start with my pet peeve - that there are no budget price options for mens clothing; unlike women who have many choices to get fatpacks in the L$200 to 300 price range, there doesnt seem to be similar options for men on the same budget, unless its yet another poorly made t-shirt.  The only store I know of in this price range is Caligula, which is very hit-or-miss for quality.

So, guys, get in here with your requests and let's see if the great forum hive-mind can solve all our problems!

(nudges @Ayashe Ninetails)

Edited by Karl Herber
  • Like 1

Yaaay I'm here! Thanks @Karl Herber!

Okay, so let's seeeee. Affordable menswear. Lemme hop in-world so I can get accurate up-to-date landmarks here...

First up: Enforcer! They are almost always in weekend sales (Happy Weekend, MIIX, Saturday Sale perhaps) and prices typically range from L$60 to L$75 during those. When that happens, you can snag fatpacks for L$200-225. Their normal prices are around L$150 and up. For those fatpacks when not on sale, you're looking at about L$500 to around L$750. Browse the entire store, though, as some items seem to be permanently set at L$60ish. Style wise - athletic, streetwear, some dress pants. You can find them HERE

Next, Furtacor. They have older items as well as newer, and a lot of their mens selection is dirt cheap. And by dirt cheap, I mean a pair of pants or top with a whole color HUD priced at L$50 and up. Newer more expensive items are about L$199 and up for individual colors, with fatpacks hitting L$999. They also appear in weekend sales. Street, jeans, athletic, swim. Landmark HERE. When you rez in, head through the left door and there's a small section to the left and another one a bit further up (also on the left).

Next, Erauqs. I can never spell this one omg. Anyhoo, they also show up in weekend sales quite a bit (Happy & Saturday Sale), so expect discounts in the L$60-75 range when that happens. I don't know for sure if they also discount their fatpacks during that time or not, so check that one out. Normal prices are in the Blueberry range, so L$225ish and up. Which means normal fatpack costs are going to be around L$800-900. Not the cheapest option, but they have some super cute clothes! Casual, athletic, jeans, jackets, tops, sweaters, swim. Found HERE. If you see nails, turn around. They share a space with Ascendant. 😄

Next - Comatosed. This is going to be a "wait for sales" recommendation, but the good news is they seem to do them often, too! Saturday Sale and Happy Weekend. Fatpacks seem to get discounted as well, so you're grabbing a few colors for around L$300 or less. Normal prices are also in the L$250-300ish range, with fatpacks up to L$900 or so. The stuff is cute, though! More on the alternative side, this time. Shop is found HERE.

Annnnd next! Duk. They do weekend sales on occasion, but keep your eye on this one. They once did a L$50 sale for the whole dang store. It looks like Fatpacks get discounted along with individual colors during sales, so it's worth checking out, too. Normal prices range from under L$200 to slightly over, so fatpacks can be upwards of L$700. One to keep an eye on, though! Casual, swim, athletic. The usual. Found HURR. Ooo, Strunsh and Mazzaro in the same sim also seem to do weekend discounts on clothes (with displays placed outside, but also look for old leftover sales indoors), so their fatpacks are also kind of cheap if you can catch a sale (L$300 and up). Similar clothing styles.

That's what I've got for now! I'll go dig around for more and post if I find anything else! ❤️

OH last thing - pop over there now and you can catch some leftover sales from the weekend. None of these places seem very diligent about taking down their sales before Monday, LOL.

Edit: Oh and @Love Zhaoying, I knoooow you're wanting more of an alternative/non-standard selection (me too!). I'm working on finding it. I know AsteroidBox does sales on occasion and they do a lot of unisex styles with male body sizes included. I'll see what else I can find in that vein! I have some places I can peek at but I don't remember their non-sale prices. I shall check.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added more
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Edit: Oh and @Love Zhaoying, I knoooow you're wanting more of an alternative/non-standard selection (me too!). I'm working on finding it. I know AsteroidBox does sales on occasion and they do a lot of unisex styles with male body sizes included. I'll see what else I can find in that vein! I have some places I can peek at but I don't remember their non-sale prices. I shall check.

Something different and edgy! We'll have to figure out whether I need jumpers, unitards, onesies, jumpsuits, catsuits, pajamas, a "speedsuit" (a la the Venture Brothers), or whatnot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Something different and edgy! We'll have to figure out whether I need jumpers, unitards, onesies, jumpsuits, catsuits, pajamas, a "speedsuit" (a la the Venture Brothers), or whatnot. 

Well, different and edgy with unitards and jumpsuits as an option makes me think of several places, but none that do regular weekend sales, so prices might be a bit...much. HOWEVER. I shall go ahead and mention those anyway!

Gild, first and foremost, is ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Love that store to DEFF. It's like...ninja punk infused with business casual at times, lol. But man, the designs are so nice. It's like a more refined Gabriel. It's not cheap (L$200ish and up per color), but where else are you going to find USB necklaces and fishnet?! No but seriously - this place is nice.

Stop Store is one of my favs, but they rarely do sales (the cloak in my avatar is from there). They do have a sweater on sale right now - leftover from this past weekend's Manly Weekend, however. It looks like that's the only sale event they ever seem to do.

Then there's Over. More standard Japanese streetwear style. They do weekend sales (Saturday and Happy) almost every weekend, and discount mens stuff fairly often. 

Thirst and Homme Wrecker (lmao that name) have some really nice stuff. Thirst does Happy Weekend, Saturday Sale, and FLF on occasion. I picked up a really nice brocade vest/shirt from there for cheap (can't remember which sale it was tho). Full HUD included. Not sure if Homme Wrecker does sales, but they've got more...shake your money maker styles, LOL. Mostly thongs n thangs.

Noche is on that same order - kind of a mix, style wise, but they do have some bodysuits mixed in, too! Chinos, joggers, leather pants, booty shorts, casual tops, togas and sarongs even! This is a fun one.

TwoSided is similar, too. L$200 for their group and some nice group gifts, too. And yes, bodysuits and unitards!

Riot, of course. Definitely if you want interactive clothes, onesies, and rompers! Male dept is down the stairs to the left.

And Cubura, which is kind of like TwoSided (same sim). Cubura's having a 50% off Pride sale through June 10th btw. 

That should give you some stuffs to check out! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nearly all of these have sales from time to time .. join their groups to get informed. Some of them already are always offering very reasonable prices.

When on a budget, do not buy fatpacks.. buy two or so singles you really like, you'll wear that two also most when you dó have the fatpack.

Kalback
Deadwool
Tonctastic
Ascend
GB
K
Gild
Aitui
A&D
Blanklline
Lenox
Native Urban
Not so Bad
Riot
Versov
Cold Ash
Legal Insanity
Meva
Butterscotch
Mossu
Zed
Cox
Lapointe & Bastchild
Fashionatic
Dufaux
Belleza
Noche
Boyberry
Horr
Exalted
Clef de Peau
Etham
Cubura
cheerno

• Thanks 1

I still think that Deadwool suits are the best cut suits on a Gianni body in game, period.

That said, my favourite menswear stores besides Deadwool are Cold Ash, Lapointe & Bastchilde, A&P, and toksik. 

When I am in game as my male alt, I tend to favour a look not necessarily business casual and above, but something along those lines. Jeans and a t-shirt rarely do it for me.*

*Note to guys who are okay with men driving female avatars well (like me) in game: That's also what I like to see my men in ... hint. ;) Beefcake and ripped jeans and taller than 6'3" ... not dancing with this gal. [And for the love of all cats that are holy .. there are more subtle men's AOs available these days.]

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Well, different and edgy with unitards and jumpsuits as an option makes me think of several places

I forgot overalls / coveralls! Think I have a nice plaid pair that matches my always-red hair/mane.

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

so prices might be a bit...much.

I'm practically "made of money" at this point, L$ at least.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I forgot overalls / coveralls! Think I have a nice plaid pair that matches my always-red hair/mane.

Giiiiilddddddddddd. Oh crap, I was going to post a photo of me wearing some overalls from there but...I didn't take one. Derp.

Here it is - and of course I bought the harness, too, because reeaaaarrrrrooowwwww.

New release! at THIRSTY event

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm practically "made of money" at this point, L$ at least.

Oh yeah! Go buy some stuffs!!!!!!!

As for AOs, lmao, my male uses the same damn one I use for my female avatars. YOLO. Swing that ponytail and work that updo, Sir!

The funniest male animations I've seen, though, come from Oracul. I laughed so hard trying them that no sound would come out. The kind of overdone stretching, flexing, overly macho animations nobody in their right mind would ever use (but me!). But I much prefer the way he struts, so I haven't bought them (yet).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Giiiiilddddddddddd. Oh crap, I was going to post a photo of me wearing some overalls from there but...I didn't take one. Derp.

Here it is - and of course I bought the harness, too, because reeaaaarrrrrooowwwww.

New release! at THIRSTY event

Oh yeah! Go buy some stuffs!!!!!!!

As for AOs, lmao, my male uses the same damn one I use for my female avatars. YOLO. Swing that ponytail and work that updo, Sir!

The funniest male animations I've seen, though, come from Oracul. I laughed so hard trying them that no sound would come out. The kind of overdone stretching, flexing, overly macho animations nobody in their right mind would ever use (but me!). But I much prefer the way he struts, so I haven't bought them (yet).

That's one of my new favorite stores.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My favourite menswear stores are Lapointe & Bastchilde, Deadwool, Tori Toricelli. For shopping on a budget, I see @Karl Herber already mentined Caligula which is my go-to. Their newer releases are much better (don't bother with anything more than 2 years old however cheap). Their shoes amd boots in particular are great. Electric Feel is also good on a budget but stick with the casual stuff, the suits are awful.

What I'd like to see more of is clothing inbetween formal and casual. The sort of thing you'd wear in a mid-range restaurant or club, or at work in a business-casual environment. Blazers with chinos and a button-down shirt, smart (not biker) leather jackets, waistcoats, that sort of thing.

Also more steampunk please. There doesn't seem to be much new in this genre since the days of standard sizings.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

What I'd like to see more of is clothing inbetween formal and casual. The sort of thing you'd wear in a mid-range restaurant or club, or at work in a business-casual environment. Blazers with chinos and a button-down shirt, smart (not biker) leather jackets, waistcoats, that sort of thing.

Hmmm... Ascend, A&D, and Cold Ash come to mind for that. Etham has some nice leather jackets, but I'm not particularly fond of their fit (everything feels more wide than I'd like it to be).

Agree with you on Steampunk, too. I know where to get accessories, but not anywhere with a full clothing selection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

i see a lot of names on this list i have not heard of yet so it is time for me to check out some new places... 

male, with a male avie (well feline male but still) 

most of what i have came from 2 to 3 places

L&B

Legal Insanity

and then some odds and ends here and there... 

i am not a suit wearing person.. nor do i care to have something that is just a few threads of cloth at the most... but i do prefer to have a mixture of casual and dress casual... besides just a tshirt and jeans... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.