Ebody reborn vs legacy

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

So id love to know the views of people who own either legacy or ebody (or even both!) .. i already own legacy but i really hate how high the little top right counter thing goes up when i put on the body. I was trying on the demo of Ebody..and noticed the count is much lower like 17K with my lel head on too.. which is wonderful... i love a low count. 

So im wondering .. which is better? I love how clean and easy the Ebody hud is to use as all..its so..fresh and simple looking. And the body itself is just wow..i love it.. 

Maybe im lookong for people to tell me "Buy it!!" Lol.. im a bit of a body collector.. i have legacy and kupra.. but now im all starry eyed from ebody.. its a curse.. but i wannnnt it... 

So im just looking for any other differences or opinions that i might not have considered..

Thanks!

• Like 2

I collect bodies too so I know the feeling. I've moved from Legacy to Reborn because of the weight and because I preferred the boobs. Reborn doesn't have my 'unmentionable area by linden standards' of choice but that might not be important for you.  Oh, I prefer the legacy feet but I've gotten used to that change as well. Honestly, both are great and pretty well supported by designers, Legacy more so of course due to time in market. You can't go wrong so best of luck!

Edited by Sugary Bard
Private parts boo boo.
  • Like 2

Not having to have the hud connect outside of the world would be enough for me to consider Reborne, if anything..

I have both, but just haven't gotten around to making something for my Reborne just yet.

I put my legacy down awhile ago because of it's weight and the hud.

• Like 1

I collect bodies as well, Legacy has been my go to, but I really like the soft curves on ebody a bit better. I would pick it up, more and more clothing is being made for it, and it is easy once you have it set up to flip back and forth wor different looks, or to fit an outfit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Since you like the curvy bodies, I'd be interested to see what you think of Belleza Freya too. That's my favorite now for this avatar, but Belleza has fallen out of favor with most people in part because there aren't enough clothes made for these bodies.

Freya was my go to for the longest but it took the creator so long to update the body I felt that it had been abandoned and moved away from it. Now I notice quite a few creators no longer rig for the body but for a couple of years before that was the only body I wore.

• Like 1

Buy it!!!

Seriously, it’s a good body and you listed most of the pros for it. It’s also mod, if that’s your thing. The clothing support is there.

The only thing I can say it missed on was the shoe support like Kupra did. You can wear Slink and Maitreya shoes with Kupra, so your shoe collection remains intact. With Reborn, Slink can be hit or miss. That’s my only quibble with the body.

• Like 6

I'm toying with the Reborne right now and liking the range it has for the more curvy to heavy..

It was nice to just add my shape and just add a little muscle and body fat and widen the shoulders some and pretty much be almost finished.

I love the nails polish options that come with it as well. They were done really well.

I did a complexity comparison with a couple of my other bodies to see how it compared.

---------------------------------------------------------

The complexity I am getting with just the Reborne demo is,  3,436.

----------------------------------------------

My Maitreya is showing a complexity of,  5,126

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I put my Legacy on and  The body complexity alone is, 8,982

The hands are 2,294

the feet are 2,714

The total altogether for just the legacy body combined with hands and feet ,13,990

That's a leap in difference for sure.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paying any attention to the current complexity formula is really pointless. It has been wrong, broken and played with for years by far too many creators. As Beq ( http://beqsother.blogspot.com ) has pointed a while ago, it's the alpha cuts that make actual difference if you care about performance to begin with. Legacy is still heavier than Reborn by around 1/4, but the latter has plenty of alpha cuts, so if you're the type to chase performance and fight for the "lag free world", then both are pretty bad (and maitreya is being only 1/8 lighter than Reborn as well).

You may disable that annoying complexity number popping up in the viewer. In the firestorm it's preferences>notifications>alerts>warn me about about my avatar complexity changes.

As for the body itself - if you like what you can do with it shape wise, then just get it. It's one of the big 3 supported female mesh bodies right now as far as new releases/shopping events go. Pretty rare to see something new that doesn't have a reborn size, although on the weekend sales it's more common to encounter some older and not updated things. On the other hand a bunch of creators has been updating older releases to reborn, so the very same weekend sales is a good way to catch up on its wardrobe while saving a bit of money.

For me it simply has too big butt, even at the butt size slider set to 0 and with the included (or 3rd party) deformers it's huge. And because it is huge, other parts (mostly lower half of the body, thighs in particular) have to be on the thicker side too, otherwise you'll end with terrible proportions. And that's just not the look I want for my avatar.

Which is totally fine, even from the first ads reborn creators has posted it was obvious that body is/was meant to be for people who want thicker thighs and bigger butts, not as extreme as kupra, but still thick enough. Nothing more or less, but personal preferences.

• Like 4

I think it proportions up really well if someone is looking to make a curvier look.. I think what happens is a lot don't use the body fat and muscle sliders as much and end up kim kardashioning things with, big butt, big bewbies on a figure 8 frame.. when really a pear frame seems more natural, at least for me.

adding muscle and body fat and widening the shoulders really helps a lot I think. 

I'm getting a really good Chaka Khan feel from it. which I really am loving at the moment. So it's a good chance I'll be setting my Maitreya down for a good while.

Snapshot_089.thumb.png.53c7d1f500ed3a38a121804b27249116.png      

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 10

Personally I think I like Ebody slightly more. Legacy still has superior hip shape for my taste(i'm not a fan of super round hips. I like a little angle), but it's slider weights lack in the legs department. You can make everything big but the legs stay just..not. Legacy's company has a foul history(they try and claim they're not the same people, but they do the exact same crap, so yeah, no). I HATE the server-sided HUD and it's too risky knowing it can go down at any time. Not to mention how often the darn thing breaks.

I still like the Legacy body, but they don't have my loyalty. And they never will.

I may go back to using it more again if they A. deal with the render weight issue. It hurts when a lot of them are in the room. B. Get rid of the freaking server-using HUD. It's not innovative, it doesn't make them look more fashionable, it's just annoying. C. Adjust their slider weights for the body parts to actually make sense.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Ebody So far, aside from the butt.. that takes some getting use to. It'd also be nice if they'd just fix the body instead of making us wear deformers but oh well. Overall it's pretty cute and i'd definitely recommend it miles over Legacy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Since you like the curvy bodies, I'd be interested to see what you think of Belleza Freya too. That's my favorite now for this avatar, but Belleza has fallen out of favor with most people in part because there aren't enough clothes made for these bodies.

I have freya as a backbench body but ive noticed scandal has dropped it from her line of clothes.. which is a shame coz i like her outfits.. 

• Sad 1

On 6/6/2022 at 7:29 PM, Sparkely Sugar said:

I collect bodies as well, Legacy has been my go to, but I really like the soft curves on ebody a bit better. I would pick it up, more and more clothing is being made for it, and it is easy once you have it set up to flip back and forth wor different looks, or to fit an outfit.

Thankyou for your imput.. im still in consideration ir maybe just waiting for a sale of the body ..

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 3:47 AM, Janet Voxel said:

Buy it!!!

Seriously, it’s a good body and you listed most of the pros for it. It’s also mod, if that’s your thing. The clothing support is there.

The only thing I can say it missed on was the shoe support like Kupra did. You can wear Slink and Maitreya shoes with Kupra, so your shoe collection remains intact. With Reborn, Slink can be hit or miss. That’s my only quibble with the body.

Lol.. the pressure! Thankyou for your imput.. its so tempting.. but i might be waiting for a sale at least.. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 7:26 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm toying with the Reborne right now and liking the range it has for the more curvy to heavy..

It was nice to just add my shape and just add a little muscle and body fat and widen the shoulders some and pretty much be almost finished.

I love the nails polish options that come with it as well. They were done really well.

I did a complexity comparison with a couple of my other bodies to see how it compared.

---------------------------------------------------------

The complexity I am getting with just the Reborne demo is,  3,436.

----------------------------------------------

My Maitreya is showing a complexity of,  5,126

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I put my Legacy on and  The body complexity alone is, 8,982

The hands are 2,294

the feet are 2,714

The total altogether for just the legacy body combined with hands and feet ,13,990

That's a leap in difference for sure.. hehehe

Right?? .. i love this right here.. the numbers and figures really make me wanna do the leap for sure.. and yess those nails! ..and the shine too.. very hard to pass up for sure.. thankyou for the imput :)

• Like 2

On 6/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, steeljane42 said:

Paying any attention to the current complexity formula is really pointless. It has been wrong, broken and played with for years by far too many creators. As Beq ( http://beqsother.blogspot.com ) has pointed a while ago, it's the alpha cuts that make actual difference if you care about performance to begin with. Legacy is still heavier than Reborn by around 1/4, but the latter has plenty of alpha cuts, so if you're the type to chase performance and fight for the "lag free world", then both are pretty bad (and maitreya is being only 1/8 lighter than Reborn as well).

You may disable that annoying complexity number popping up in the viewer. In the firestorm it's preferences>notifications>alerts>warn me about about my avatar complexity changes.

As for the body itself - if you like what you can do with it shape wise, then just get it. It's one of the big 3 supported female mesh bodies right now as far as new releases/shopping events go. Pretty rare to see something new that doesn't have a reborn size, although on the weekend sales it's more common to encounter some older and not updated things. On the other hand a bunch of creators has been updating older releases to reborn, so the very same weekend sales is a good way to catch up on its wardrobe while saving a bit of money.

For me it simply has too big butt, even at the butt size slider set to 0 and with the included (or 3rd party) deformers it's huge. And because it is huge, other parts (mostly lower half of the body, thighs in particular) have to be on the thicker side too, otherwise you'll end with terrible proportions. And that's just not the look I want for my avatar.

Which is totally fine, even from the first ads reborn creators has posted it was obvious that body is/was meant to be for people who want thicker thighs and bigger butts, not as extreme as kupra, but still thick enough. Nothing more or less, but personal preferences.

Thabkyou for your imput.. i do tend to pay attention to complexity..i dont really know why i do... that creeping large figure when i wear my legacy and addams clothing on top just..gives me fits lol.. but legacy looking so much nicer than the maitreya hips..so i dont like to use maitreya much even though i like the lower count on that body. .. so ebody has a big butt?? ..ill have to demo again to see it.. ive been so wrapped up in the curves, nails and shine that i havent looked too much at her backside lmao.. i just love them hips and boobs on it 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 2:53 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I think it proportions up really well if someone is looking to make a curvier look.. I think what happens is a lot don't use the body fat and muscle sliders as much and end up kim kardashioning things with, big butt, big bewbies on a figure 8 frame.. when really a pear frame seems more natural, at least for me.

adding muscle and body fat and widening the shoulders really helps a lot I think. 

I'm getting a really good Chaka Khan feel from it. which I really am loving at the moment. So it's a good chance I'll be setting my Maitreya down for a good while.

Snapshot_089.thumb.png.53c7d1f500ed3a38a121804b27249116.png      

You look amazing!! Yes i use the fat slider and the broad slider too in "body" .. of courseit helps on legacy.. but my main thing between the bodies is the count. ... and hell, even looking st your body here it looks better than legacy.. it really does..  god help me body collecting will be the death of my lindens lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really the only thing that bothers me about my Maitreya is the shoulders and the elbows.. If they can fix those in a future patch, I'd be back pretty quick I think.. plus with the bodies taking a nice  turn for  fuller figures, It may be possible we would see some additions in that area as well.. They went itty bitty comity, they might go bitty bitty bum bum, too.. hehehehe

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 4:10 PM, CalypsoJewel said:

Personally I think I like Ebody slightly more. Legacy still has superior hip shape for my taste(i'm not a fan of super round hips. I like a little angle), but it's slider weights lack in the legs department. You can make everything big but the legs stay just..not. Legacy's company has a foul history(they try and claim they're not the same people, but they do the exact same crap, so yeah, no). I HATE the server-sided HUD and it's too risky knowing it can go down at any time. Not to mention how often the darn thing breaks.

I still like the Legacy body, but they don't have my loyalty. And they never will.

I may go back to using it more again if they A. deal with the render weight issue. It hurts when a lot of them are in the room. B. Get rid of the freaking server-using HUD. It's not innovative, it doesn't make them look more fashionable, it's just annoying. C. Adjust their slider weights for the body parts to actually make sense.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Ebody So far, aside from the butt.. that takes some getting use to. It'd also be nice if they'd just fix the body instead of making us wear deformers but oh well. Overall it's pretty cute and i'd definitely recommend it miles over Legacy.

Thankyou so much for this imput as well.. yes i agree that the legacy hud is annoying.. and duno if its just me but it laggggsss.. omg .. its a hit and miss. The reborn hud is superior in every way.. so.. theres another plus aye. .. i might wait for a ebody sale.. i dunnooo.. its just super tempting right now.

The Erika body is currently on 50% off.. but i have no clothes for it.. whereas the ebody has been included in lots of weekend sales so far..

• Like 1

Personally, I think Belleza Isis is the most beautiful body shape. It's similar in shape to Maitreya Lara, but with softer, more natural shoulders and breasts.

Freya gives me the naturally curvy look I like for Persephone.

Alycia is a Maitreya girl. Tasha wears LucyBody when she's in human form, but otherwise is a small TWI wolf. Evan usually wears Belleza Jake, but can also wear Signature Gianni.

The Belleza bodies allow for breast and butt wiggle (or just butt for Jake). It's hard to find clothes to fit Isis, but a few creators still make Isis sizes.

I'm also very happy with the my modified Belleza bodies with their applier layers stripped off (BOM only), which lowers their ARC to less than half what it is for Maitreya Lara.

Last night I decided to start deleting Maitreya sizes from my clothing folders. All the sizes will still be in the outfit packages, but I'm only wearing Freya now anyway, so why clog up my inventory with all those Maitreya sizes?

If I couldn't wear Freya, I'd probably try ReBorne, but I think I have enough mesh bodies for now.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

Thabkyou for your imput.. i do tend to pay attention to complexity..i dont really know why i do... that creeping large figure when i wear my legacy and addams clothing on top just..gives me fits lol.. but legacy looking so much nicer than the maitreya hips..so i dont like to use maitreya much even though i like the lower count on that body. .. so ebody has a big butt?? ..ill have to demo again to see it.. ive been so wrapped up in the curves, nails and shine that i havent looked too much at her backside lmao.. i just love them hips and boobs on it 

It does have a very big butt indeed. It's actually not that much smaller than Kupra's, just very differently shaped. Kupra's bottom is more even at both back and front, while Reborn's is heavily towards back. You definitely should demo it some more and see if you can get it to your liking. Been a while since I did demo it myself, but I do remember that Legacy's butt at slider around ~25 is still much smaller than Reborn's at 0 and with included "butt down and small" deformer.

You can also check the general shape diffirence between most bodies shapes on the same sliders by finding some outfit (or shorts/short skirt in this case) with all sizes included. Then just wear sizes for Legacy, Reborn, Kupra, Maitreya and any other body you want together. For even better visual difference it helps if it's either a fatpack or a demo, so you'd be able to put different textures onto each body size. Then just look around and see for yourself if something is "too much", then see if you can get it better while adjusting shape sliders some more.

Sadly, like I said, with Reborn I couldn't get it small enough for my liking even with zero-ed sliders and deformers. Otherwise it's a decent body that is easy to use and outfit. Except some very specific clothes, mostly for the roleplaying if it's your thing. Like victorian/steampunk themes for example. Those are still primary for Maitreya only, with some odd Legacy size here and there for newer things, and Slink/Belleza sizes for older ones.

Edited by steeljane42
typos
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.