Perfect Pets

Persephone Emerald

They're not furnishings or décor, but pets are an important part of our homes too. Here's a thread to show off your pets and show us when good pets are on sale.

Wouldn't a Shibu Inu be perfect in Sakura? Well, this weekend they're on sale at Jian.

Shibu Inu single color sets for $L 75 for the Saturday sale and Corgie single color sets for $L 50 for the Secret Sale.

JIANPets-ShibaInu-Sesame.jpg.06e4f90ed023043dfbca05db3c6b607e.jpgJIANPets-Corgi-Sable-1.jpg.c123ad07d208346fe6179173329174f5.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I am stretching the term "pets" here! How about butterflies?

I find the usual rotating butterflies that go on in a loop a bit artificial. But the butterflies from Gumi's Flower Shop roam with a natural movement in 3m, 10m and 20 m diameter. I like to have movement around me. Beware that they are full bright, so you can edit them if you do not want full bright butterflies at night. 😉

The single colors cost 30 L, and I was lucky and bought the fatpack in a 25 L Tuesday sale.

I have been considering buying the butterflies that can be set to flying in square and rectangular areas too, but I have found out that I don't need it.

Here are a single color for 30 L: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/g-Butterflies-160922-Blue-Swallowtail/9965835

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Okay, I am stretching the term "pets" here! How about butterflies?

I find the usual rotating butterflies that go on in a loop a bit artificial. But the butterflies from Gumi's Flower Shop roam with a natural movement in 3m, 10m and 20 m diameter. I like to have movement around me. Beware that they are full bright, so you can edit them if you do not want full bright butterflies at night. 😉

The single colors cost 30 L, and I was lucky and bought the fatpack in a 25 L Tuesday sale.

I have been considering buying the butterflies that can be set to flying in square and rectangular areas too, but I have found out that I don't need it.

Here are a single color for 30 L: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/g-Butterflies-160922-Blue-Swallowtail/9965835

I love butterflies! These would be perfect for my beach parcel. :) 

• Like 3

For any birds, I strongly recommend TLC Animated Animals - they look real, they sound real, and best of all they are generally only 1 LI each (though higher LI 'scenarios' are available). They almost always have a booth at The OutletAfter lots of 'research' (and a few duff purchases), I decided they produce the best seagulls in SL. (The only disappointment I've had is with the Mallards - they look great, but unlike the songbirds and the parrot you can't alter the volume or frequency of their quacking, so I've just turned it off.) 

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

bird3.jpg

bird4.jpg

parrot.jpg

gull.jpg

gull2.jpg

ducks.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

TLC also does dogs, like this little Pinscher (4 LI, animated) who lived in my trad for a while. Many of them are beautifully done, but heavy LI. So I've gone to Foxwood for my current pups, both of whom I found during weekend sales over the last few months. Yeva the Spaniel is 3 LI and Nelly the Staffie is 2 LI (I made her slightly smaller; she was 3 LI). They aren't animated, but are so appealing that I don't mind, and stand/sit/lay/holdable versions are included. (Oh, and the canaries are from THS; they're also animated and they sing.)

tlc.jpg

nelly.jpg

nelly2.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

A few of my favorites.

Speaking of Shiba Inus, Robby has looked after my stilt ever since I've had one ... that is, if he isn't caught up in his book.

pets_001.jpg.259617c24256ba2835caa648b0626961.jpg

Every time my partner came onto our property in Well Springs, he would tell me there was a dead dog in the bedroom.  Then it was my job to come up with a retort ... "Well, at least he won't be bothered if we ... you know ... make some noise!" ... "You're right, and he's been there forever, here's a gas mask :)" ... "Now we know why the cat never comes inside." (there's a cat on the front porch) 

pets_002.jpg.45543bcc215933e3c79f6a12ef713fc1.jpg

Robby's brother Rory is frisking about at my Sakura home.  He's much livelier than Robby, and the plan always was to calm him down (replace him with a static Shiba) once I got further along in decorating.  (He's animesh, 45 LI).  But he's so adorable; he has the quietest little yap, and is just cheery.

pets_003.thumb.jpg.fb21730c5c5ef8e3549668462aa6da66.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Hextraordinary, Black Bantam and Mutresse makes some nice pets also. 

There's one animesh pet creator I always get sucked into buying; recently because they did a Maine Coon cat and I have one in RL, but am inevitably disappointed by, I need to just stop. Way too much money, can't resize them to be a realistic size of the breed to avatar height and of course, the prim count is astronomical unless wearing the animal. 

Jian is my overall favorite, even the older ones have held up nicely. Big fan of TLC also. 

If anyone is looking for a specific item that was a Gacha, hit me up. I have so many duplicates/triplicates and more and don't mind lightening my inventory a bit. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

For any birds, I strongly recommend TLC Animated Animals - they look real, they sound real, and best of all they are generally only 1 LI each (though higher LI 'scenarios' are available). They almost always have a booth at The OutletAfter lots of 'research' (and a few duff purchases), I decided they produce the best seagulls in SL. (The only disappointment I've had is with the Mallards - they look great, but unlike the songbirds and the parrot, you can't alter the volume or frequency of their quacking, so I've just turned it off.) 

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

bird3.jpg

bird4.jpg

parrot.jpg

gull.jpg

gull2.jpg

ducks.jpg

Wow they look amazing!! I will check them out. I'm partial to Hummingbirds and Finches. 🙂

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I was at rezz room the other day looking for new pet and found these free pets on their back wall at this location http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Paris City/158/84/26

The join group is at front of store and after you join you can leave if you don't want to stay in group but have to be in group to receive free gifts.

rezz room.jpg

Those are great free pets and décor gifts. The Phoenix makes a cool avatar if you make the rest of your body invisible and attach it to your center. The Tod Bear is a must have attachment too!

Also check out Grizzly Creek, especially these 2 free songbirds, the Cut- Throat Finch and the Eurasian Tree Sparrow

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Betth Ashbourne said:

I got these today from JIAN

Spaniels: https://bit.ly/jianspanielsale
Pointers: https://bit.ly/jianpointersale

Those are so cute. I'm tempted to get a spaniel pack for my pool, but I know I won't actually use it. I have my huskies, wolves, a Shiba inu and an Akita inu now, which are plenty of dogs for me in SL.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

The animated, singing, caged canaries from THS that I'd shown last month are on sale this weekend for $75. (As sold, the entire piece is 9 LI; I unlinked the cage and birds and relinked them to a cabinet in my inventory and saved 3 LI.) Also on sale for $50 is this 6 LI fountain with nicely animated sparrows. (The ivy, grasses and flowers are all linked to make the scene.) 

canaries1.jpg

canaries2.jpg

ths6.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
added fountain with sparrows
  • Like 8

TLC has some new critters at The Outlet which would especially suit the Sakura homes. The goldfish pond with waterfall is 24 LI and costs $80 - but you also get the circling fish that can be used in a pond (or pool) of your own, and they're only 2 LI for the 4 of them (that's why they're shown above the actual pond in the display). The egret, also animated is only 1 LI, $75.

tlc.jpg

tlc2.jpg

• Like 5

If Patch was being literal about 'Ranch' being the next theme, Hideki has some non-animated critters on sale that might help you populate all those wide open spaces. The (rather large) goat (8 LI) and bull (20 LI) are sold together for $75 (a bit heavy on the LI, but if it's a Premium Plus parcel you might be able to pull it off); the pointer (2 LI) and the llama (3 LI) are sold together for $75. 

hideki.JPG

• Like 11