Laggy? This Might Help!

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Besides SL, I play Microsoft Flight Simulator (well, the Resident Geek does. What I do is set the autopilot, sit, and watch the beautiful scenery go by.) The Geek came across this YouTube video with very detailed instructions on how to remove bloatware from Nvidia graphics drivers, and it's improved the performance of our computers across the board. I don't have any figures for SL, but you might want to try cleaning the junk out of your Nvidia drivers.  Here's the link.

NOTE: You must disconnect your computer from the internet during this process to keep it from stuffing all the junk back in. So TAKE NOTES because you won't be able to go back and refer to the video halfway through, unless you have a second computer or use your phone.

SECOND NOTE: His procedure for enabling Safe Mode didn't work for us. Instead, do this: 1. In the Taskbar, type msconfig and hit Enter. In the System Configuration window that appears, click the Boot tab, and check the Safe Boot box. Restart your computer, it will automatically start in Safe Mode. When finished, repeat this process and un-check the box, then restart one last time.

https://gyazo.com/7149091f962e166216f59e2ea0e5f6d7

THIRD NOTE: This removes GeForce Experience and the automatic driver updates. You'll have to go to Nvidia's site every now and then to check for new updates, and then use the above process to install the new drivers.

• Thanks 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.