Show my game status over my head.

Charles Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, FloofyFoxChaz said:

I want to be able to have the game I'm currently playing shown over my avatars head. I have seen a couple people with this but I cant find any info about it. Is it only for steam games or is it possible to link the xbox pc games im playing to it as well?

search the marketplace for "TITLER". Is lots of them to choose from

It's easy to make your own titler too. 

Rez a prim. Change it's name to something like "my titler" or whatever you want to call it.

Pull a modifiable Display Text script out of something and open it. Change the text in between the quote marks to whatever you want it to say. Now drag this modified script into the contents of the prim you rezzed.

Make your prim small, but still visible. Take it into your inventory. Attach it to your Head, Nose or Chin. Now Edit it while you're wearing it, so it's invisible.

Voila', you just made your own titler!

p.s.

The color of the text is determined by the numbers entered in a line that shows 4 numbers (I think?) separated by commas. The first 3 numbers determine the color. The 4th number determines how strong the text is or how close one needs to be to see it.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:18 AM, Mollymews said:

search the marketplace for "TITLER". Is lots of them to choose from

i'm not sure it's just a titler, i seen some around, and it shows multiple gamestats. .. for example bloodlines has also a actual stat titler connected to their servers.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:34 AM, FloofyFoxChaz said:

I want to be able to have the game I'm currently playing shown over my avatars head. I have seen a couple people with this but I cant find any info about it. Is it only for steam games or is it possible to link the xbox pc games im playing to it as well?

ask the ones who wear one,

I've never seen a HUD in SL that shows the status of what games OUTSIDE of SL someone is playing. However, there are a lot of game systems WITHIN Second Life that have a HUD that keeps track of your health, levels, etc.

Are you really so good at multitasking that you play Steam or XBox games while in world? Color me impressed.

• Like 1

If I had to guess, the script is polling the Discord API, since Discord has a feature where it can show which game/app you're using.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Are you really so good at multitasking that you play Steam or XBox games while in world? Color me impressed.

It's very common for people to stay logged into SL while they do other things, including playing other games.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

4 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It's very common for people to stay logged into SL while they do other things, including playing other games.

That's not at all safe, whenever I'm around. I dress up AFK avatars in funny hats, take pictures, and send them to their partners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.